Chapter - 19

Hello Fam :)

It has been a long time but I wasn't able to find time to write this. My semester had ended and we had a handful of submissions to make. I am glad to complete this chapter. Don't know if it's up to the mark and it's written over a long period so I might have missed a few points. Hence, feel free to point out if you think something is to be added. 

Also, there are hardly two or three lines between Manan but the whole chapter is important to get them there. Cheers to the awesome cupids. :P

Warning: ~6000 words of everything mixed up. Feel free to take a break if required. 

Happy Reading...

Murthy Industries was doing okay. But to bring it to its old glory, doing okay wasn't sufficient. With her parents' truth out in the open and an anonymous woman running the company behind the big screen wasn't helping its profits. It was one of the reasons why Nandini had found Nyonika Malhotra early in the morning.

"Have you had your first coffee yet?", she asked. Talking to Nyonika Malhotra before her first coffee is threatening unless you are Manik Malhotra and know the trick to manipulate the scary businesswoman.

"I did. I am feeling wonderful. Why aren't you with your husband this fine morning?", asked Nyonika.

Nandini shrugged. "He was reading one of the new books till late night."

Nyonika shook his head. "I thought this boy would change at least after getting married but no", she muttered but then smiled brightly. "Anyways, isn't it one of the things that makes him special? Our stupid nerd."

Nandini chuckled. "True."

"So why aren't you sleeping in? You came late yesterday. Can't sleep?" When Nandini nodded, Nyonika frowned. "Is it because you can't sleep in or something troubling you? Is everything fine at the office?"

Nandini could only gape at her. Out of all the possible options, how could she guess the correct reason exactly? "How did you?", she asked but then shook her head. "Guess, I shouldn't be surprised because it's you."

"Of course, I am Nyonika Malhotra. I am amazing at everything and best at guessing my children's mood. Now spill the beans. What's troubling you? Do I need to tackle someone at the Murthy Industries?"

"No. The office is fine. As fine as it could be with everything that has happened. I just don't think I am doing a very good job at maintaining its reputation."

Nyonika nodded. "I could give you at least ten ways to get Murthy Industries back to the position it deserves when your grandfather was there but at the end of the day, you have to come out in public. Yeah?"

"I know. I am planning on it. But right now, I just need to get it back on track before drawing attention to my personal life. Because once I am out, there would be lots of noise", said Nandini.

"Yeah. So, what's your plan?", she asked.

Nandini shrugged. She didn't really have a solid plan.

"Bhai offered her to sponsor the company." It was Cabir, taking a seat after asking for a coffee for himself. "She is yet to accept it."

"You did?", asked Nyonika, "and here I thought to have a word with both of you for not offering her the sponsorship yet. Nandini, why aren't you considering that?"

"Because you have done too much for me already and I don't want to overburden you. Besides, just because Manik married me, doesn't mean you have to clear everything for me", she said. She had been having this argument with herself since the time Manik had explained it to her. Manik shouldn't be bound to help her with everything and yet there is hardly anyone she could trust. It was one of the things that had led to all the questions about her worthiness to take over the Murthy Industries.