Chapter - 28

Hello Fam :)

Warning: Really short one. Check the note at the end.

Also, guess who passed their exams? :P 

Happy Reading...

It was a free day before the wedding tomorrow. Nandini had started from not believing their love when Abhimanyu first told her to make plans to deal with the awkwardness when they would eventually break up to think they were a fine couple. And now her two idiots were getting married. Nandini took days to feel the happiness after coming to Malhotra house but nothing could have prepared for the happiness she felt right now. She felt nothing could ruin this.

Hence, she was surprised when Cabir came to her room, a look of panic and anger written all over his face. "Don't tell me you are breaking up for another stupid reason? I am not dealing with sadness today."

Cabir stared at her for a long moment before sighing and grabbed her hand, pulling her up. "We have to talk to Manik."

"Is he fine?", asked Nandini.

"He is fine", muttered Cabir.

But she was worried and kept on worrying about him all the way to their room looking at the younger Malhotra. What has gotten into him?

Navya was sitting in the room, working over a bunch of papers. Maybe she's working through distance. The girl threw a grin towards them which faltered when she saw their faces. Nandini saw Manik entering the room, typing something in his mobile, but there was a frown on his face. When Nandini raised an eyebrow at him, he faked a smile. Wow. She didn't know her husband could fake a smile.

"Navya, can you leave us alone for some time?", said Cabir, gaining the attention of both of them.

"Is everything okay?", asked the girl.

"Yeah. Just a family issue", told Cabir.

What the hell? She was family too.

But instead of replying when Navya gathered her things and tried to leave silently, Manik grabbed her hand and pulled her into a side hug. "What he meant was, it is a mess and we didn't want you to get into this in the middle of a wedding. You shouldn't even doubt about being a part of our family. You have been for years and now even mom is on board."

Nandini could make heart eyes all day looking at Manik and at the end of the day, he would come up with an entirely new reason for making her fall for him. Even Navya had a smile when she left the room.

Once she left the room, Nandini glared at the younger twin. "Dude, if you are hurting her again, I will cut you into pieces and throw them into the sea. No one would even get your dead body."

Cabir gaped at her before turning to Manik. "Bhai", he complained.

"No, I am out of this, kid. You were whining when Nandini didn't threaten you and now that she's doing, you don't get to complain", replied Manik. "Also, if Navya is hurt and you are the reason behind it, I wouldn't stop Nandini."

"Bhai", whined Cabir again, stomping his foot on the ground.

"Or do you want me to tell mom? She could deal with you."

Cabir glared at Manik now. "I can feel so much love coming out of you for me, Bhai."

"Baby, I am being really loving by not threatening you myself", said Manik.

"Do you think I feel safe between these two?"

"At least it would teach you not to hurt Navya again", said Manik, throwing in a sweet smile at his brother.