Chapter - 21

Hello Fam :)

Warning 1: I have been writing this chapter for a long period of time and now I am bored of all the rereading I had to do to get the flow back. If you find any errors, let me know. I will get back to the rereading part later. 

Warning 2: This chapter is a roller-coaster of emotions. Maybe because it was reflecting my own mood. Hopefully, the logic isn't lost. 

Warning 3: ~5500 words of pure Manan :)

Happy Reading...

Cabir thought he was a talented human being and had the potential of being the best cupid in the world. He has a track record of accurately predicting the possible couples or the couple who are not meant to be during his school, internships, and later in college. It was with this talent did he predict that Manik and Nandini were meant to be together. Thanks to the weird fate of these two idiots, they got married in a huge melodrama and finally were together. Even his plan of making them realize their feelings were going on the path of huge success. That's what he had an illusion of until yesterday.

But today, waking up beside his brother in the morning planted a doubt in his brain that maybe he wasn't the best cupid if his brother was still sneaking beside him during nights. Cabir huffed. The only reason he wasn't kicking his brother out of his bed was because of the way Manik was gripping Cabir's hand close to his chest. That usually happened when Manik was either stressed out about something or was overthinking about some non-existent issue. Suddenly, he wanted to check upon Nandini too because she was as much a part of their family as Manik was but for that to happen he needs to have his hand back in his control.

Hence, Cabir used his brain to come up with a brilliant plan of violently shaking Manik awake. "Rise and shine, love of my life", he shouted with a hint of sarcasm in his tone. "How does it feel to be woken up by your brother instead of your wife in the morning after being married only for a few weeks?"

Manik threw a pillow at him and rubbed his eyes. "Where do you get the energy to be dramatic this early in the morning, baby?"

Cabir rolled his eyes. "Seriously Manik, stop sneaking beside me now that you are married unless you are fighting with Nandini. Wait a second. Are you fighting with Nandini?"

Manik frowned at him before sitting up. "Kid, why would I fight with Nandini?", he asked.

As if I know what goes inside the head of you two?, thought Cabir but instead of saying that aloud, he shrugged to annoy him.

"What time is it?", asked his brother.

"Seven", said Cabir.

The frown on Manik's head disappeared and his whole face had lit up as he grinned at Cabir. "Baby, get ready and come down. It's time for Nandini's surprise." Without giving him any time to reply, Manik jumped out of bed and rushed out of the room.

Cabir rolled his eyes again. "Ladies and gentlemen. He is Mr. Manik Malhotra. Manik Malhotra's whole life revolves around Nandini throughout the day. At night, Manik Malhotra sneaks into his brother's room to avoid his wife. Manik Malhotra is a stupid nerd who is a hazard to the confidence of all the cupid's in the world. Don't be like Manik Malhotra", he announced in the empty room, glaring in the direction where Manik left a few minutes back.

It was when the word surprise struck him that the gears inside his head started turning. Manik was excited about this surprise yesterday. He wouldn't be excited for a few bars of chocolates or something unimportant. Cabir decided to freshen up to check what his favorite nerd had come up with that twisted brain of his.