Chapter - 10

Hello Fam :)

Do not miss the note at the end. 

Happy Reading...

"Where's Cabir?"

Manik had bordered the speed limit on his way home after dropping Mukti at hers. He needed to see Nandini but before that he needed to talk to his brother.

"Baba, Gym", replied the butler.

He might have startled him, going by the way he was staring at Manik's face. Ignoring the butler, he sprinted towards the gym.

"Cabir", muttered Manik, when he found him in the gym.

One look at him, his brother had understood something's wrong and the next moment, there were arms around Manik. "Bhai, what happened?", he whispered into his hair.

"Drugs", he managed to whisper. "They were giving her drugs." His brother's hands only went tighter, squeezing him into the hug as he blurted out whatever the doctor had told him. He was ruining Cabir's t-shirt with all the flowing tears but Manik didn't care, he needed it.

It was a really long time before Manik had calmed down enough to recognize his surroundings. Somewhere in between, Cabir had pulled them down onto the floor without breaking the hug. "I want to kill them", he whispered with wide eyes, like a dirty secret in the dark.

"Okay, Manik, Mom's trying to put them behind bars. Legally, we can't do anything except letting the court do its work", said Cabir, and gave him a minute to sink it in Manik's head.

"Rationally, though", his brother said again, "we could kill them. You are good at planning things. Do that. Read some books even. I will help you put the plan in action and also hide the bodies. I know a lot of forests far away from the city."

Manik felt himself relaxing at the idea. He could kill them if he wanted to and his brother would support him. He rested his head on his brother's shoulder and rubbed his eyes. "When?"

"A month after they are in jail. We could bribe a police officer and the police would even tell everyone that they died in an encounter while trying to escape. And since they are in jail, their neighbors or friends wouldn't suspect of anything out of the box or them missing", explained Cabir.

Manik nodded and almost squished his brother into a hug for being the most amazing one in the entire world. "Thank you, baby. I love you so damn much to even describe in any combination of words I have ever known during my entire life", he told, sincerely. Once he was sure, the message reached across, he went to find the girl who managed to both topple his world and keep him from drowning simultaneously.

XXX

Manik found Nandini staring at the photo frame near the bed. He didn't know what's extra special about it for her but he has seen her quite a number of times staring at it. It's almost as if she was fascinated by the picture. "Nandini", he whispered. When she turned to look at him, Manik sat opposite to her.

A huge frown appeared on her face on seeing him. "Were you crying?"

A fresh flood of tears pooled in his eyes as he grabbed her hand with both of his hands. "I am so sorry you have got them as your parents. So sorry you had to live with them. I am so so sorry I couldn't do anything earlier."

"Don't say sorry. Feels wrong", she muttered. The frown only got deeper on her face but otherwise, there wasn't much emotion.

Manik hugged her hand close to his. "Substance-induced anxiety disorder. They drugged you to make you obey them, Nandini."