Chapter - 29

Hello Fam :)

A/N - I just want to make something clear. If you have read my previous books, you would know that I don't write intimate scenes because trust me, I tried but when I read after writing, I felt it was very bland. Bad writing ruins the beautiful moment between the characters. I might learn to write someday maybe, but right now I am incapable of this. I have never faced this before but this Manik has made people curious about his romantic life. Let him go at his own pace. He kisses Nandini, he makes love to her, I don't know and I am not writing it. So, yeah, feel free to imagine whenever you think it fits into the story. :P

Coming to the chapter, there is an intimate scene, not very descriptive but that's the most I am going for now. :)

WARNING: Manik is out of stock. Don't come to the writer to make unusual demands. Also, no, Nyonika is out of stock too. :P

Warning-2: The writer is not hungry. :P

Happy Reading...

"No, Meera. I am not coming to the office today. Cabir will handle it", said Manik and waited for a moment. "Yeah, Cabir is coming. I will see you tomorrow."

Nandini came from the washroom, after taking a shower, when she heard Manik talking on the phone. "Are you going somewhere?", she asked because he was dressed up already.

"Murthy Industries", he replied without taking his eyes off his mobile.

"What? Manik, you don't have to. I will be fine", she muttered. After half a disaster in Malhotra Industries, she was a bit nervous, of course, but she didn't want Manik to bunk his office for it. It was Murthy Industries, the place she has practically grown up since childhood. What could go wrong there? At least that's what she told herself.

"Of course, you will be fine on your conquest of world domination. But I am out of my mind. I couldn't sleep last night. I can't concentrate on my work right now. Hence, I will accompany you on your first day of office. I promise, I would be a spectator instead of interfering", he ranted.

Manik was being dramatic. Wait? Didn't sleep last night? "Which book did you read last night?", she asked. It wasn't new. If he couldn't sleep, he would grab a book to read. And his books affect his mood more often than not.

"Some war drama", he told.

Explains the drama and world domination, yeah.

"Leave that. Are you nervous?", he asked.

"A bit", she told honestly.

Manik grinned, totally out of character. "I have something for you." He pulled her to the couch before rummaging something from the cupboard. A minute later, he sat down beside her with a pocket-sized notepad in his hand. "I hope this will make you feel better."

She opened the notepad. Where something was written and she went through it.

We have been waiting for you to take over Murthy Industries for years now. It's your time, best friend. Go, show them who they are dealing with.

-Mukti

I never wanted to be associated with Murthy Industries but now that half of my heart is taking over it, I can't help but wish for at least one project. So, When would you collaborate with us, Mrs. Malhotra?

P.S - God, I wanted to call you that ever since I knew you were going to marry Manik in college but I was scared that you would punch me until I am bleeding. It feels good to finally say that.

P.P.S - I know Manik is yours now and you have him all over your heart but half of my heart beats for you too. Hence, don't give me a heart attack by doing something reckless. Call me. We could do it together.