Chapter Seventeen

Abby stood outside the golden lighted glass doors of some French restaurant. It was her big night to meet Isabell Thorn and make a good impression on her. Not to mention she had to look good as Paul's sister. Also, she had to remain calm and stick to whatever story Paul had in mind considering they were both lycans.

"Hi, Isabell. Lovely to meet you. By the way, you didn't happen to know my brother's a werewolf? Hey! A bonus! I'm one too!"

Abby shook her head and took a deep breath before opening the door. The air hit her-she should have worn a shawl or a jacket over her black mini dress. Her legs were already covered in goose bumps. There was another door to be pushed since she was standing in the lobby. She pushed the door open and looked around for her brother.

A hand shot up and waved to her-Paul, smiling goofily as ever.

Relieves, Abby smiled back and rushed over to her brother, who turned to someone and smiled. As Abby got a clearer view, she saw the gorgeous girl sitting by her brother's side. She was presumably Isabell. Isabell looked up at Abby and half smiled. The smile itself was mysterious as well as her haunting brown eyes, which held colors of Sinopia. Her eyebrows were arched high in a perfect shape over her eyes. Her ivory skin flawless and was blushed with pink over her high cheekbones. Her lanky arms rests on the table and her legs were neatly crossed underneath the table. As Abby could tell, she was playing footsy with Paul.

"Abby! So glad you could come." Paul said and stood up to hug his sister.

As they sat down, Paul began to glow with excitement. He said, "Abby, this is Isabell Thorn. Isabell, this is Abby Melrose."

"Pleasure." Isabell said in this deep voice that seemed to match her perfectly. She didn't sound like a snotty woman neither did she a man, considering it was a deep voice.

"Paul's told me a lot about you. So, you're a nurse, huh? Where do you work?"

"Alaska Regional Hospital." Isabell answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've been working there for a few months now. I work alongside a view doctors."

"What about Dr. Caitlin?" Abby curiously asked.

"Yes, I do. You know her?"

"She's my doctor."

"Well, next time you come in, I'll give you a free Snoopy band-aid."

They laughed. And that one laugh seemed to calm Abby's clenched nerves into a bonding friendship. Paul just seemed to sit back watch happily as the two women in his life began to bond.

"Abby, what are you doing tomorrow?" Isabell suddenly asked Abby.

Paul sat up and began to stutter as he talked, his eyebrows frowning. "Oh. Um. Abby has a concert to go to tomorrow. Right, Abby?"