Chapter Fifteen

The next day in class all Abby could do was tap her pencil madly against her notebook as she listened to Mrs. Dietchel talk about their assignment they were to do in class.

"Hey," Marty whispered to her, "Quit it."

Abby froze her hand and said, "Sorry."

She put the pencil down and returned her focus to the teacher, who was now passing out papers.

"As many of you know," Mrs. Dietchel began to say, "We have a variety of clubs offered at the university. I know that many of you have not joined any and are just here for the classes. Let me be the first to tell you that you should join our clubs. Currently, we are searching for new members to join the Band Arrangement Club. There are forms in all of the departments where you can sign up. I have a few here if you are interested."

Abby and two others raised their hands and Mrs. Dietchel handed the forms to them.

Abby turned hers in to the office by the end of the day and was called Monday to inform her she was accepted into the club. Her first assignment was to hang up fliers around the Science Department that Tuesday for a band that was going to be playing that Friday.

Abby took the fliers and began her route around the Science Department. As she hung her first flyer, she noticed the band's name-North Sun.

"North Sun?" She said to herself, her face being to glow. She jumped up and down, excited that her favorite band was going to be playing.

Abby was just finishing up the last of her fliers when she heard a voice calling out to her. She turned around and as the figure walked closer to her, she recognized it to be Rob, the drummer for North Sun.

"Abby! It is Abby, right?"

Abby nodded. "Yeah. You're Rob...am I right?"

"Yes."

"Well, what are you doing here?"

"I actually go here. Yeah, I am taking Astronomy classes."

"Star gazer?" Abby joked.

"Yes, actually." Rob admitted.

"That's pretty cool. I actually take art classes. I'm destined to be a photographer."

"That's cool! Hey, we were just talking about how we needed a photographer to take our band pictures. Callie wants to start selling some posters of us and of course Jason goes along with whatever she wants. But Jason was thinking that maybe we could perform in some meadow with dark trees and moss. I don't know. You'd have to talk to him about it..." Rob went on and on about the band and how it would be awesome if Abby was their photographer. "I mean," he continued, "Jason is quite smitten with you so he may hire you on the spot to become our photographer."

"Well, I could always show you my portfolio."

"Cool!" Rob exclaimed.

Abby laughed. "Thanks."

"Well I better get going. We're performing tonight at the bar. Why don't you stop by?"

"I can't," Abby told him, "I have an essay due tomorrow so..."

"Alright. Suit yourself. Bye!" Rob said and jogged down the hall.

Abby made her way to her car when she was done hanging the fliers. She felt a presence around her. She didn't want to look but she knew who it might have been. She turned around slowly and spotted Eric standing there against a black and tinted window car.

"Aiden sent me," he explained, "He wanted me to check on you."

"You can tell him that I am fine."