Chapter - 10

Hello Fam :)

I am sorry for not writing this but I am busy with college and not really finding time to write two books. The 'on hold' will continue to stay and I will try to update it whenever I am writing the chapter. I am sorry for keeping you hanging in here but it's too hectic and my whole day is packed. :(

Also, the picture in the media shows the size of the sun on different planets of our solar systems. It grows smaller as we go away from the sun.  

Happy Reading...

Day - 2

It was early in the morning and Manik was having difficulty sleeping. People go to a different country and complain about jet lag but while visiting a different planet, he didn't know what to complain about. Even if he did, who would actually believe him? Shaking his head at his own thought, Manik decided to find Aryaman or any other known Martian on the planet. He pecked Nandini's head, who pushed him away, yelling at him for disturbing her. Seriously, how could she sleep without any problem?

He found Aryaman covered in a hoodie. It was really cold outside.

Arya: Having trouble sleeping?

Manik: Yeah. By the time I get habituated to this place, we might return to Earth.

He chuckled when Aryaman laughed at him.

Manik: Where are you going this early?

Arya: A meeting. Two of the guys are going to explore a planet out of our solar system. We will assemble and listen to our guide's 'return or die trying' speech and return back.

Manik: Is the speech that horrifying?

Arya: Oh, Manik. Be it on Earth or Mars, guides always sound the same. Hey, why don't you accompany me?

Manik: Me? Am I allowed?

Arya: What are you talking about, Manik? You are our esteemed guests. Of course, you are allowed everywhere.

Manik: Don't let the other two listen to this. You wouldn't even know what kind of drama they might create.

They walked out of the house and met with a grinning Zain.

Manik: Don't tell me, he is a morning person? Where is he getting his energy at this time?

Zain ignored him and waved at Manik before jumping on Aryaman for a hug.

Arya: That's normal for him. He gives me a headache with his energy during the mornings.

Zain: What a pleasant morning, boys.

Manik: Technically, it's not even morning, dude. The sun isn't up yet.

Zain glared at him and for a minute Manik was afraid he had offended the new guy. But then he crossed his heart and pinched his throat.

Zain: We at Mars won't plan our mornings according to the daily timetable of the sun. We follow our own timetables. We are our own suns.

He grinned by the end of his little speech before leaving to get an Autoturisme.

Manik: Am I the only one who thinks he would get along really well with Nandini. Cabir even.

Arya patted his back in sympathy.

XXX

You are the warriors of Mars, the conquerors of space. You are the explorers of the undiscovered lands and increase the glory of the knowledge of Mars. Some lay down their lives for this cause and never had that let anyone stop on their mission. We expect the same from you. întoarce-te sau mori încercând.