Chapter - 12

Hello Fam :)

Wrote this in an hour, so forgive me for the mistakes. :)

Happy Reading...

Aryaman, Zain, and their three visitors walked out of the building and Cabir sighed loudly.

Cabir: I don't know about you guys but after that traumatic experience, I am feeling really hungry.

Aryaman turns to Zain and raises an eyebrow, following which the guy pulls out his capsules from his pocket, making Cabir groan.

Cabir: I would kill you if I see them again. You aliens are making me starve.

Zain: Cabir, you are the alien here.

Manik laughed, throwing an arm around Nandini.

Manik: Be honest, Nandu. You are training him, right?

Nandini grinned proudly. Ever since they have visited the Red planet, the only source of food was the capsules. That's how the people have been surviving without the vegetation on the planet. Initially, it has horrified Cabir to stay on the planet without the food but now it's just driving him crazy.

Cabir: Manik, when we are going back to Earth, I will order every food item I could find on Swiggy and Zomato and eat for days together.

Zain cleared his throat.

Zain: If?

Cabir: What?

Zain: If you are going back to Earth. Our body is accustomed to surviving like this but who knows about yours, right?

While Cabir gapes at him, panicking, Arya shook his head.

Arya: Cabir, you will be fine. These capsules contain every nutrient your body would need to survive the atmosphere here.

Cabir: But what type of life is this if we can't have food to eat? Is there anything that's close to food here?

Aryaman was about to answer when Zain interrupted him.

Zain: Actually there's one.

Cabir: Yeah? I am starting to have trust issues here, bro. Especially when you are in the picture.

Nandini smacked his hand.

Nandu: Don't insult our new best friend.

Arya: Cabir, if you shut up, I would take you to where Zain's answer is.

Cabir: Okay, Mr. I-speak-complicated-alien-language, lead the way.

Manik: Cabir, you are the alien here.

XXX

The place turns out to be on the surface and they took an Autoturisme for it. After another ten-minute hike on the uneven rocky surface, Aryaman halted searching on the ground.

Cabir: Why the hell is there so much red on this planet? I am not wearing red for a month straight after going back.

Zain: Again, if.

Cabir: Goddamnit, Zain. Kill me once and for all.

Nandu: Zain, grab the opportunity when it's presented to you.

Manik: Nandu, are you planning to give him a heart attack or what? He is already stressed out with the lack of food.

Nandu: Not like I have a secret stash of pizzas under my bed, Manik.

Cabir: I wouldn't be surprised even if you do.

Arya: Guys, over here.

They all followed Arya where he was crouched down on the ground.

Manik: What's this?

Arya: Water. Proof that centuries ago, there used to be rivers, probably vegetation. These cracks are made by the flow of water. This is as close to the water as we could get.

Manik brushed his hand over the surface. There was no water, the surface was hard but as Aryaman has said, it could be. He was amazed by it as well as it scared the crap out of him. Years later, this might be the exact situation on Earth too. The rivers might evaporate without leaving any source of water on the place where water is considered abundant.

He was startled when Nandini squeezed his arm.

Nandu: Whatever you are thinking, we wouldn't be alive when that would happen.

Manik(chuckled): You know what I am thinking?

Nandu: Of course, love. Who would know you better than me?

Manik pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head.

Cabir: I would die of starvation and they would be busy romancing.

Manik glared at him but before anyone could say anything, there was a sudden change in the atmosphere and a flash in the sky.

Zain(muttered): I don't know about starvation but I think the dying wish might be fulfilled.

Aryaman glanced at the sky before yelling.

Arya: MANIK, TAKE NANDU AND RUN TO THE VEHICLE.

Zain grabbed Cabir and doing the same as Arya lead them into the vehicle and started the engine.

See you soon. :)