Epilogue

Hello Fam :)

Before you react to the title, read this. I have already told this would be short. And I have ended up after I could squeeze in all the facts of Mars. It was nice writing this madness but I think it would be better if I end it when there's still some story to write about. Otherwise, there's no point to write anymore. 

Happy Reading...

Manik breathed in the cold breeze and realized how much he had missed home and it hasn't been even a week.

Nandu(screamed): Rise and Shine, people. Guess who's back from their vacation?

Manik rolled his eyes and followed her with a smile, Cabir beside him. It was Raman who gaped at the trio on his way to the living room.

Raman: What the hell, Nandini? I thought we told you guys to go for a vacation?

Listening to the scream, the others followed.

Raj: Hey, Don. What are you doing here?

Nandu(muttered): Did we jump into an alternate universe? Is that a thing? Is that why they aren't recognising us?

Cabir: Nandu, what if it has been years and they are mad at us? Time is different on Earth and Mars, right?

Nandu looked worried and Manik raked his brain for any hint of having this conversation previously with Aryaman. When he couldn't find any, he waved hello at the two of them.

Manik: Hi, dad, papa. I hope you are fine.

Nyonika: I thought we don't have to know where you guys went but now we do.

Manik: Okay, before you guys go all mad, can you all please sit down? We kind of have a surprise for you?

Ishita: Nandini, are you pregnant?

Nandu: What? Why would you think that? I am a child myself. Why would I carry a child?

Raman: You two are behaving suspiciously. And what is Cabir doing with you two?

Cabir: Glad I am visible to someone.

Nandu: We have been stuck with him for the whole of our vacation, dad. Please, forgive us if we behave mentally abnormal.

Cabir: You don't need me to seem mentally abnormal.

Nandini stomped her feet.

Nandu: Manik?

She turned around when the elders raised an eyebrow together.

Nandu: Don't do everything together. It's creepy. Where the hell is Manik?

Cabir: Probably, went out to bring in the surprise.

Ishita: Bring in the surprise?

Nandu(rubbing her neck): Yeah, the baby I said wasn't mine was actually mine. He is all grown up and educated and a very well-behaved citizen of this country when he wants to.

Ishita rolled her eyes while Raman rubbed his forehead.

Raman: Nandini, you were gone for seven days. Not seventeen years that you would return back with a grown-up child of your own.

Nandini turned around when she heard the footsteps and smacked the first person she could reach of. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the one person who had sworn to protect her just a few years prior.

Nandu: We were just gone for seven days. How's that possible?

Aryaman rolled his eyes.

Arya: The duration of a day on Mars and Earth are almost the same. Mars has 40 minutes longer per day. To be precise that's a week and 5 hours at max.