2. Manik

Hello Fam :)

Aagaya hero apna. :P

Happy Reading...

When Manik comes back to his cabin after finishing his meeting, two hours later, he gets panicked on seeing his cabin door unlocked. There were confidential files on the table which he was working on before he had to leave for the meeting. Entering in, he sighs in relief on finding just Nandini inside which was short-lived when he realized she was doing something on his laptop.

Manik: What the hell are you doing here?

She was typing something and didn't even take her eyes off the screen when she answered him.

Nandu: Kyu tumhare cabin mein bhi main nahi reh sakti kya?

Manik: I meant, what are you doing on my laptop?

Nandu: Secrets hai kya isme?

He was losing his patience and this girl, his girl, was doing everything to throw him to the edge.

Manik: Nandu, what's wrong with you? Just leave and ghar jao. I have loads of work to do yaar and your behavior isn't helping me.

She finally looks away from his laptop and chuckles. It was so sad that it made Manik frown in concern.

Nandu: So, that's where my place is in your life now? Away from you.

Manik: Nandini..

Nandu: It's okay, Malhotra. I am leaving. If you are done with your 'work', let's have a talk. After that, you are free to do whatever you want.

Manik(pissed): Fine.

Being hurt, Nandu stands up to leave. Manik walks right past her to check his laptop only to get a shock.

Nandu: By the way, I have completed your work. You don't need to stress yourself.

He looks up to find Nandu staring at her shoes. Nodding his head in disbelief, he pulls her towards him making her fall on his lap. Glaring at him, Nandu struggles to get up but Manik holds her firmly.

Nandu(gritting her teeth): Leave. Mujhe ghar jana hai. I can't stay this close to you. Remember, my place is away from you?

Manik: Pehle nahi bata sakti thi, tune sara kaam kar diya? Itna drama karna zaroori tha kya?

Nandu: Tu mujhe trust hi nahi karta. Main kya karoon?

Manik: Main tujhe nahi, tere mood ko trust nahi karta.

He pulls her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her to prevent her from escaping. Once Nandini realized she had no way out, she rests her head on his shoulder, making him smile.

Nandu: I am sorry for breaking your affair.

Manik: Affair?

Nandu: Yeah. Your affair with this project. Ab yeh khatam ho gaya. Ab tu iske saath nahi reh sakta na. Mere se yeh zyada important ho gaya tha na tujhe?

He pushed her enough to look at her and he had to check twice to be double sure of what he was seeing there.

Manik: Don't tell me, you're jealous of my work?

Nandu: Of course, yes. Do you even remember when was the last time we had a proper talk?

Manik: Nandu, hum isliye baat nahi kar rahe because either we are watching movies or matches after going home. Aur tu beech hi main so jati hai. Do you even realize daily tere sone ke baad main TV off karta hun. Aur main tujhe sulata hoon theek se. Because you sleep all over me in your awkward postures.