5. The Journey

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Next Day, Cliff

True to their word, Manan's parents didn't ask them any questions about their holiday destination as they packed and left for Cabir's place. Cabir, on the other hand, was angry and staring at the duo in disbelief as they started stuffing his clothes randomly inside a bag and dragged Cabir off to the cliff.

Cabir: Will you guys at least tell me what's happening and where are you taking me?

Nandu: To a place where there's an abundance of food. And where no one would stop you from eating anything or how much ever you want.

Cabir: Oh please. You are telling the same thing for the past one hour.

Nandu: Haan toh tu puch hi kyu raha hai? Isn't it obvious that I am not going to tell you anything? Why bother asking then?

Cabir: You are kidnapping me and expect me to keep quiet.

Nandu: Oh really?

Manik: Nandu, stop. Cabir, don't you trust me?

Cabir: Jab se yeh ladki tere jeevan mein aayi hai, NO.

Nandu: Main Manik ke jeevan mein day one se hun.

Cabir: I mean as a girlfriend.

Manik: Cabir, listen, you will be fine. We don't want to freak you out. Isliye nahi bata rahe hai.

Cabir: Freak me out? I am damn sure yeh bhi isi ka idea hai.

Before Nandu could protest, they see a bright light descending towards them. Nandu grinned and Cabir stared at it in awe as it landed in front of them.

Nandu(whispered): Manik, I have a doubt. What if the person inside doesn't recognize us and refuse to take us in?

Manik(sarcastically): Bada jaldi doubt aa gaya tujhe? He said he would hand them our photographs to recognize. You just make sure he doesn't faint by the time someone comes out.

He says the last line pointing towards Cabir who was still gaping at the structure in front of him.

Cabir: Manik, is this a spaceship?

Nandu: Manik, how can his brain work even in such a condition?

Manik: Shut up.

Nandu clutches Manik's hand as the door of the spaceship gets opened, revealing a man covered in robes who walked out of the spaceship, halting a foot away from them. As the light from the spaceship falls on his face, the man reveals his face, shocking the trio.

Person: Well, hello Earthlings.

The next moment, Nandu flings her arms around him and squeezes him in a tight hug.

Nandu: ARYAMAN

[Aagaya aap sabka Aryaman. Of course, he is going to be a major character throughout.]

Arya: Calm down, Murthy. Do you want to wake up the whole city?

Breaking the hug, she glares at him but grinning excitedly just after.

Nandu: What are you doing here? You said someone else is coming to pick us up?

Arya: Surprise, sister.

She flashes her teeth at him as Aryaman turns towards the boys. Manik hugs him tight while Cabir still gapes at him in shock.

Arya: How are you?