6. The New Guy

Hello Fam :)

I am so so sorry, I have been caught up with the Nerd and the brat book. I have been busy with my project and college stuff that I am unable to find time for writing this one. This needs some research about Mars, that's what I had planned initially and if you are reading the other book, that is about to complete. That's easier to write because it's just the story and plot but I don't want to give false information here. Hence, the delay. 

I know it's not an excuse but give me some time. Let me complete that one, I will take a break of a week or something and I will completely concentrate on this book. We can have regular updates then. I am really sorry for keeping you hanging in here. :(

Happy Reading...

"Abhimanyu"

Nandu was the first to come out of her shock as she gapes at the guy standing in front of her.

Nandu: Abhimanyu?

The guy confusedly looks at her before giving her an uncomfortable smile.

Guy: Bonjour. Enchanté

Cabir: What? Abhimanyu pagal ho gaya?

Aryaman: Guys, let me clear the confusion. He isn't Abhimanyu. He is, well, you can call him Zain. And he looks like Abhimanyu, I agree. But, if you clearly notice the color of his eyes they are blue. The bluest of blue and Abhi doesn't have such blue eyes.

They look at his eyes and found them blue. They also found a few changes which they have failed to notice initially like the color of his hair which was brown and Abhi was more muscular, Zain was rather lean.

Arya: Zain, I have already told you about them. That's Nandini, Manik, and Cabir.

Zain: Hey. Hello. Arya, I will just go and check the fuel.

He leaves to escape the awkwardness.

Arya: Guys, just like I was in Mumbai for my research, Zain was in France and had learned French. He inserts a bit here and there whenever he meets people from Earth for the first time. You needn't worry about it. Otherwise, you can communicate in English.

Nandu: Sorry but did I scare him off?

Arya: Oh please. Nothing can scare him. He will be back and you will see. Come, there's someone else you would love to meet.

They follow him and find themselves inside the pilot's arena. Arya points a silvery rectangular box.

Arya: Hello there, Carl.

Carl: Hello Captain Armentano. All fine there.

The box uttered in what sounded like a robotic voice.

Arya(mutters): I asked Zain to program it to Aryaman since these three are here. This guy can never listen to an instruction properly.

Aryaman punches some buttons and powers on the 'machine'.

Carl: Armentano has been modified into Aryaman. Hello Captain Aryaman. All fine there.

Arya: Better. Guys, this is Carl. This is what you people call as robot but is a bit advanced version. You can actually replace it with a human minus the emotions and affection. Carl, you know them already. Their information has been saved into you.

Nandu: Wow. This is so cool.

Cabir: What does this run on?

Arya: Why are you always bothered about food, Cabir?

Nandu: Aryaman, that's his only motivation in life.

Arya: True. (chuckles) Well, electricity. But as opposed to the charging cables on Earth, they have these batteries. Chargeable and minute. They are charged on Mars and we use them whenever we are traveling. Manik, you okay. You aren't speaking much.