7. Home away home

Hello Fam :)

So, since I am not an expert in the Martian language, I have adopted the language Romanian. Why? Because my recent crush is from Romania and he is so very cute. :P

Happy Reading...

Aryaman and Zain, who were prepared for unexpected things, balanced themselves out. Manik was close to Arya and held on to him for support. Cabir and Nandini were standing beside each other and the unexpected crash resulted in them banging their heads on to each other. Once things came to normal, Manik and Aryaman rushed towards them and separated them. After making sure they were fine, Aryaman glared at Zain.

Arya: Aren't you supposed to put the speed to a minimum?

Zain: I did. Trust me.

Arya: And what, pray, tell the reason for this crash?

Zain: Let me go check Carl once again. He might have done something.

Arya: He is a machine. Use your brain for once.

Zain: I never considered him as a machine. He was my friend always.

Arya: If there wasn't the gravity issue here, I would have thrown you outside long back. You are not going near Carl for the rest of our journey. Stay here and make sure they are fine.

He turns towards the trio.

Arya: It's okay. It's normal. Actually we are entering into the Mars orbit and hence the result. We are habituated to the speed but you are not and that's the reason why you have lost your balance.

Nandu: Manik, defend us. I am habituated to speed too.

Manik: Nandini, racing a car and a spaceship are two entirely different things.

Nandu(smiled sheepishly): Oh.

Arya(chuckled): I will go and adjust the speed for our landing. Meanwhile, Zain, are there enough liquid packets?

Cabir: No need to offer anything for formality's sake. I know you don't have wine. Bechare bache ki aashayein badha rahe hai.

Arya: Cabir, no. We don't have wine and I was talking about water. Zain?

Zain: There's enough for their stay.

Arya: Good. Keep it handy. Give them if it's necessary.

He leaves.

Nandu: Zain, why did he become so serious suddenly?

Zain: Because I messed it up again. I am nervous around new people and he asked me to check the speed just after I met you guys and hence I forgot. He gave me a page full of instructions. How am I supposed to remember everything?

Cabir: Poor baby.

Zain: Exactly.

Nandu: Don't worry. We will become friends and you need not be nervous around us.

Zain: Really? So Friends?

He puts his hand forward but Nandu looks at his hand skeptically.

Zain: What? Is there any problem?

Nandu: Actually, I need to get permission from my boyfriend. Otherwise, he will scold me. Just a minute.

Aryaman who joins them back watches her amusedly standing beside Manik.

Nandu: Boyfriend, can I be friends with Zain?

Manik(sarcastically): Of course, Nandini.

She grins at him and rushes towards Zain ignoring Manik's glare towards her.