Chapter - 13

Hello Fam :)

I am supposed to write two journal papers to be submitted by Monday and guess what I am writing? My professor would definitely not proud of myself. At least you guys compensate for me. :P

An irrelevant context: I have been itching to write Harry Potter. I had a rough draft so yesterday and the day before I wrote the first chapter and I am really eager for you guys to read it. Very soon. :)

Warning: People are sad all around. :(

Happy Reading...

Aryaman started the Autoturisme when they reached the vehicle. Once everyone is inside, seatbelts in place, he flew them underground but they heard something, vicious and strange.

Manik: What's that noise?

Zain: It's a dust storm. We have that regularly.

They turned their heads and saw what he said. The sand had just started to float.

Zain: Don't worry. It would take a few minutes to take effect and this vehicle protects us. It's built to withstand dust storms.

Surprisingly, as Zain further explained them to it, patiently answering their questions, Aryaman barely uttered a word. Minutes later when they reached the residential arena, he muttered about parking the vehicle but Zain grabbed his hand and pulled him into a hug.

Zain(muttered): It's not your fault.

Arya: I should've known.

Zain: No, you idiot. This wasn't expected for at least another month and we wouldn't have invited them here if that were the case. So, stop blaming yourself. You need some time alone? Go and park the vehicle. You want to self-blame yourself? Better get inside and let me do that myself.

Aryaman threw his hands around the boy for a brief moment before storming off.

Nandu: What happened to him?

Zain: Nothing I could tell you. Ask him yourself when he comes back.

He ruffles Nandini's hair before leaving for his house. The other three went to Aryaman's house.

Nandu: Manik, do you want to dig up something?

Manik(sighing): No, Nandini. I don't want to dig up something at my friend's place to know about the reason behind him being upset because it would breach his privacy which would upset him even more. Hurt even.

Nandu: I was worried.

Manik pulled her into a hug.

Manik: If he isn't coming back within an hour, we will track him down.

Cabir: What are we going to do till then?

Manik: I don't know, Cabir. Why don't you try something new? Like shutting up your mouth?

Cabir: You didn't get irritated when she asked you a question.

Manik: I swear if you don't shut up at this instant, I would make you an entertainment source for Nandu for the next one hour.

That shut him up for good. And Manik didn't let Nandini leave his side even for once.

XXX

It was two hours when Manik lost his patience. He has been trying to reason but then there was a point when the nerves start getting to him. Half an hour after when Cabir couldn't stay still without knowing what happened, he went to try his luck with Zain.

Nandu: Where are we going?

Manik: let's try some places we have already visited. He took me to his office. Let's go there.