Festival of Fools

This fanfic will deviate a little from the original Young Justice timeline, as the team meets Esmeralda before Ms. Martian and Artemis join the team. The beginning will follow almost exactly like the original Hunchback of Notre Dame, and after that finishes up, it will move on to the canon YJ, just with Esmeralda involved. 

Just FYI, OC Esmeralda IS gay. He has the beautiful feminine looks of Esmeralda, so I decided he will be the uke in his future relationship with x. You will find out who x is in the future;)

Hint: It is NOT Phoebus.

Enjoy the first chapter! 

OC Esmeralda's POV

When I got shot and died in my old world, I thought that was the end. I thought I would either go to heaven or the hot place, but I was wrong on both accounts. I ended up waking up in the body of an infant MALE Esmeralda, in the Young Justice universe. 

One of the first things I did when I woke up in this universe was look in a mirror, and that's when I realized that I was reborn as Esmeralda, only male. I had the bright emerald eyes, smooth caramel skin, and dark, wavy gypsy hair. I also checked to make sure my manhood was still there, and fortunately, it was, albeit smaller. What? I'm a guy, I had to check. 

I still wasn't entirely sure if I was really in a TV show from my old world, but that thought was discarded quickly when I realized that I was living in the Court of Miracles, in France, near Notre Dame, and there were stories going around about a bunch of heroes fighting supervillains in America. 

It seems that in this Young Justice universe, France, where I am living with the other gypsies in the Court of Miracles, is still pretty behind the times compared to most other places in the world. So, while in America, where there is crazy technology and powerful rich people(Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, etc.), here in France, corrupt people rule, and peasants and gypsy's roam in poverty. And since we have no superpowered heroes here, as our country does not allow them to interfere with our lives, our corrupt society stays corrupt. 

Being a gypsy has its perks though, namely we can roam wherever we like. I also learned some skills the original Esmeralda had, namely dancing, playing the tambourine, acrobatics, and some self defense. The dancing and tambourine skills are for earning money; as a gypsy, I was born with nothing in this world. My people have to work hard just to get by, dancing or playing music in the streets just for some spare change. I do pretty well earning money, but that might just be my looks getting peoples attention. My looks are just as alluring and exotic as the original Esmeralda's, maybe even more so because of the toning of my body as a male. Despite being a boy, I actually still have a very feminine body. With curved hips, a slim waist, arched eyebrows, and plump rose lips, I have a soft, delicate appearance. That is, until my wit and attitude comes out, also things the original Esmeralda had. I like to think I have a good sense of humor as well.

Being raised in the Court of Miracles has helped me develop my current skills and personality, and I've come to see everyone there as my family. Especially Clopin, he's pretty crazy, and not completely right in the head, but he's been my big brother figure in this world, raising me after my mother died giving birth to me; I got my attitude and sarcasm from him. He's always been there for me, taking care of me and teaching me how to survive. Though, he's always chasing guys away that get to close, saying "it's the big brother's job to scare away the wolves." Yeah, I'm not into girls, I'm gay. The other gypsy's know that, which is why guy's so openly leer. The girls tend to squeal though, so I prefer not flirting in front of them. The majority of us here in France are Christian, but luckily for me, gay relationships are typically accepted, opposed to how they were looked down upon in the canon Hunchback of Notre Dame. Although, a select few are homophobic, one of them being judge Frollo. I'm definitely not looking forward to meeting him. I wonder how he will react towards me; in canon he liked Esmeralda, but she was a girl. I'm a guy, so I don't know how this will play out.