Escape

Next chapter, UP!

P.S. I do not own any songs, pictures, or lyrics in this chapter. I do not own The Hunchback of Notre Dame nor Young Justice. Enjoy!

Heroes POV

They gypsy looks at Quasimodo incredulously. "But there's no way out, there's soldiers at every door!"

Quasimodo jumps up onto the railing, smiling at Esmeralda. "We won't use a door." 

The heroes are shocked, apparently coming to the same realization the gypsy did. 

"You mean climb down?!" Esmeralda gestures towards the ground, hundreds of feet below them. 

"Sure," Quasimodo says easily, pointing at Djali. "You carry him, I carry you."

"Oh my God," Wally stresses. "What does he think he's doing? He's going to risk both their lives! There's no way Esmeralda will agree."

As if to prove him wrong, the gypsy boy replies, "okay."

Wally's jaw drops. 

"Come on, Djali." The goat jumps into his owners arms, and the boy pulls out a small cloth and ties it around the goats eyes. 

"Ready?" Quasimodo asks, and lifts the gypsy when the boy answers with a confident "yes."

"So brave," Dinah murmurs, the boy reminding her of herself, with all the hardships it seems they both had gone through. 

Clark nods softly, agreeing with the woman. The gypsy boy continued to impress them all.

"Don't be afraid," the hunchback tells the gypsy. 

(Quasimodo is a boy, ignore how he looks in the pic

(Quasimodo is a boy, ignore how he looks in the pic.)

"I'm not afraid," the boy answers airily. 

Then Quasimodo jumps over the railing and hangs on a gargoyle, leaving Esmeralda a clear view of the ground far, far below. 

"Now I'm afraid," the boy manages to gasp out, his goat bleeting in agreement. 

"I am too," Wally frets, covering his eyes as he and the rest of the heroes watch the scene play out in trepidation, all of them ready to jump in if absolutely necessary. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Remember, Esmeralda is a boy, so all the she/her are replaced with he/him.)

After a short, but extremely stressful trip down the Cathedral to the ground, the heroes breathe a breath of relief as they watch Esmeralda and Quasimodo hide from some guards in an alcove with a statue of Mary. They had taken the stairs and followed the group of two down and were simply glad they made it in one piece.