A Gypsies Performance

Hey! So, in case some people forgot, last chapter, our heroes met the 'gypsy boy.' Robin was strangely angry seeing people mistreat gypsies, wonder why? Maybe we'll find out later. 

BTW, I do NOT own Hunchback of Notre dame, or their songs, or the pictures in this chapter, and I want readers to know not everything from this fanfic is the way the movie was. So please watch the movie before reading this fanfic. Thank you!

Sorry about the wait, here is the chapter update!

Heroes POV

After the puppet theatre song finishes, the gypsy boy and the man known as Clopin disappear into the crowd, leaving the heroes and the adult 'civilians' alone together. At that moment, Martian Manhunter returns, in his human form named John. 

'John' informs the heroes and the adults about how he 'overheard' that Claude Frollo intends to apprehend the gypsy population in Paris by discovering their hiding place, the Court of Miracles. John tells the group everything that happened with the Judge and the Captain, how he 'accidently' found out that Frollo considers the gypsies a plague, and believes them all to be evil. By the time he relays this information to the group, many of them were grim, although Robin appeared to be absolutely seething. 

"A plague...," Robin speaks up quietly, before getting louder. "Frollo considers gypsies a PLAGUE?!! Why?! Because they're poor? Because they have nothing but a secret base to keep them safe? Because they have to beg and preform on the streets just to survive?!" Robin, realizing he was attracting unwanted attention, quieted down, but anyone can tell he is livid. 

Kid Flash places a hand on Robin's shoulder to try and comfort his friend, while Bruce Wayne addresses the group. "I know things look bad right now, but I'm sure we can find a way to resolve this. We simply need to speak to Judge Frollo, and try to find a peaceful solution. We'll figure out a way to help the gypsies." At this, he looks directly at Robin and smiles a small smile. "Don't worry, we will figure something out."

(Play above song)

Before anyone else has a chance to speak, loud, boisterous music erupts from the town square. Curious, the group makes their way to where the townspeople have gathered in the square. Everywhere, there are brightly colored tents and poles, with streamers hanging from the rooftops. Towards the edge of the tents, there is a large throne set up on a platform underneath a shade cover. Lastly, in the center of the plaza is a large stage, decorated in glamorous curtains. 

The plaza is crowded with all kinds of people, many dressed in crazy costumes or other colorful garb

The plaza is crowded with all kinds of people, many dressed in crazy costumes or other colorful garb. The young heroes and the adults look around in surprise. 

"This must be the festival we were briefed on," Aqualad says in awe. 

"The Festival of Fools," Robin mutters.