One Foot Outside, and You're Mine!

Yo! Thank you all for waiting, here's the next chapter!

P.S. I do not own any of the pictures used in this chapter.

Esmeralda's POV

"You." I grumble, annoyed. 

This day did not go how I wanted it to.

First, heroes from the Justice League and their protégés show up right when everything is supposed to start. Then, Clopin, that IDIOT, drags Quasimodo on stage. That, of course, caused everything to happen exactly as it did in the Hunchback of Notre Dame movie. 

That leads me too now. After the scene I caused at the festival, I was able to sneak away with Djali into the cathedral, where I am currently pointing a sword at a flustered downed Phoebus. 

The soldier is quick to stutter, "easy, easy, I just shaved this morning!"

"Really?" I ask rhetorically, "you missed a spot."

As I point the sword closer to his face, I happily quote Esmeralda's lines from the movie. What's interesting, is that this is the kind of thing I would say without any outside influence anyway. I've pretty much gained the entire attitude of Esmeralda, and that includes the sass. 

"Alright, alright, just-just give me a chance to apologize."

"For what?" I warily ask back. 

Phoebus quickly kicks his foot out to trip me, catching his sword as I drop it in the process of landing hard on my butt. Ow.

I glare at the man as he stands up, a little pissed despite myself. "You sneaky son-of-a-"

"Ah ah ah," Phoebus cuts me off and looks around pointedly, "we're in a church."

Standing up, I cock my hip, reaching out with my left hand to a candle stand while sarcastically asking, "are you always this charming or am I just lucky?"

Thus begins our battle of sword and oversized candle stick. 

Crazy, right?

Really never thought I'd be doing this sober.

After a few swings have been blocked by the soldier, he begins bantering playfully. 

"Haha, candlelight! Privacy! Music, can't think of a better place for hand to hand combat."

He gives me a frisky bow, and I retaliate by aiming two consecutive swings at his sides, which he promptly blocks. He raises an impressed eyebrow at me.

"You fight almost as well as a soldier."

I smile mockingly, "funny, I was about to say the same thing about you!"

I grunt, throwing the candle stand in my hand upwards, knocking the soldier's sword back. 

"That's hitting a little below the belt, don't you think?"