The Gypsy Boy

Hey, just wanted to say that this fanfic is going to be a boyxboy between the OC Esmeralda and one young justice character, but I won't tell you who yet because spoilers;)Also, there is going to be a little twist on this OC Esmeralda, you'll all see later in the story. 

For those of you who don't know, all the "civilians" mentioned in the last chapter are actually the secret identities of the justice league members present at the debriefing for this mission in Paris. Bruce Wayne: Batman, Arthur Curry: Aquaman, etc.

I do not take credit for the art work or the music. Enjoy the chapter!

3rd POV(heroes)

As the heroes in disguise walk into the town, they take in the sights around them. Townhouses and large, old fashioned cottages lined the streets, along with many merchant carts and shops. As the heroes walk, they notice a tall man with a blue cloak treading alongside a grey horse with a black mane. The man appears to be lost by the way he is twisting and turning the map, looking at it with squinted eyes. 

(Please listen to the video while reading, it will help understand what's happening)

Making confused sounds, the man eventually balls up the map and turns towards his horse. 

"You leave town for a couple of decades and they CHANGE everything." He throws away the map and continues forward, horse in tow, until he sees two guards pass by him on patrol. He leans forward and raises a finger in question. "Excuse me, gentlemen, I'm looking for the palace of justice could you..?" The guards stride right by him, not even stopping to acknowledge his presence. The man puts down his finger and sighs with a flat expression. 

"Hmm, never mind." He says, deadpan. 

As he continues onward, the heroes follow a little ways behind. Kid Flash speaks up, "jeese, those guards weren't very friendly, huh?"

Robin narrowed his eyes behind his shades while John answered "indeed not."

The heroes begin to hear music, slowly getting louder as they move forward. As they turn the corner, they see the man in the blue cloak and his horse standing in the street looking around. The music is coming from the man's right, where two people in bright colors and jewelry are playing music, while a goat jumps and dances around a hat filled with coins. 

A woman and her child are walking by, when the child catches sight of the street performers. The girl squeals happily, beginning to run towards the performers, before the mother stops her by grabbing her hand and walking away quickly. 

"Stay away, child, they're gypsies," The woman says with fear and distaste. "They'll steal us blind."

The heroes all narrow their eyes at the woman's words, obviously noticing the disdain towards the performers. Their attention is then drawn to Robin, who's hands are clenched into fists and shaking slightly. Kid Flash notices and bumps his shoulder comfortingly with his friend. Robin's shoulders loosen a little and he sigh's, frustrated but swallowing his anger. But if Bruce Wayne watches the boy worriedly for a little longer than normal, no one comments. Dinah Drake goes to brighten the mood. 

"Why don't we get closer and watch the performance. The music is very upbeat, and the goat is a nice touch," she says with a smile. Oliver Queen mimics her smile and nods, "sounds like a plan."

The group approaches the performers and end up standing next to the man in the blue cloak as they watch. There is a middle aged man playing some kind of wind instrument with the goat jumping around a hat, and a teenage boy playing a tambourine, while a young boy sits on the ledge above clapping along to the cheerful music. To everyone's surprise, Robin reaches into his pocket, throwing a few coins into the hat. The man in the blue cloak follows suit, throwing in some money of his own.