Justice!

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good Christmas; did everyone get what they asked for? I hope so! 

Just a reminder for this chapter, Clopin is the gypsy that dresses like a jester, or pirate, either could work. I do not own Hunchback of Notre Dame nor Young Justice, and I do not own the music nor the art. The website I got the music lyrics from is at the bottom of this chapter. 

Enjoy! 

3rd POV (focused on the heroes)

The crowd murmurs in dissent at the reveal of Quasimodo, the expressions of many of the villagers showing fear. The group of heroes in disguise become uneasy.

"This is bad," the Flash mutters. 

The poor hunchback on the stage looks at the crowd in dismay, likely realizing where the situation is headed. Luckily, before anything can escalate, Clopin addresses the crowd. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, don't panic! We asked for the most hideous face in Paris, and here he is. Quasimodo, the hunchback of Notre Dame!"

Clopin puts a crown on Quasimodo's head as the crowd rushes forward to greet their new King of Fools. Confetti shoots into the air as Quasimodo is lifted onto a carry throne, and Clopin once again starts singing, leading the procession carrying Quasimodo through the streets. 

(Start playing song at 4:36, or four minutes and 36 seconds, for this next part)

Everybody

Once a year we throw a party here in town
Once a year we turn all Paris upside down
Once a year the ugliest will wear a crown
Once a year on Topsy Turvy Day

The group of heroes happen to look in Judge Frollo's direction and are greeted with his expression of rage and disgust as he watches the scene play out. Meanwhile, Quasimodo is brought to the other stage in the square, where the crowd has full view of him. 

It's the day we do the things that we deplore
On the other three hundred and sixty-four
Once a year we love to drop in where the beer is never stoppin'
For the chance to pop some popinjay

Quasimodo is set on top of the stage, where Clopin makes a show of gesturing to him with a big smile, mirrored by the hunchback as he throws his arms up in the air. 

And pick a king who'll put a top in 

Topsy Turvy Day, Topsy Turvy

Mad and crazy, upsy-daisy, Topsy Turvy Day

The crowd goes wild, chanting out the hunchback's name as confetti is thrown.

"Qua-si-mo-do!"

"Qua-si-mo-do!"

"Qua-si-mo-do!"

(Play song with this next bit, if you see a set of numbers, that is how far along the song should be with what you are currently reading)

The happiness doesn't last however, as the two guards from earlier that day stand off to the side with tomatoes in their hands, smirking. The heroes overhear them talking but aren't able to stop them before one of their tomatoes makes contact with Quasimodo's face.