God Help the Outcasts

Here you go y'all! Next chapter is UP!

P.S. Since Hunchback of Notre Dame was technically a Disney princess movie, characters singing at random times is going to be considered completely normal. Don't question the logic, just enjoy.

Third POV

The heroes watch as Esmeralda stares at the ground with wide eyes, breathing deep, gasping breaths. Several of the heroes, but especially Dinah, have disgusted looks on their faces as they stare at the doors Frollo just walked out of. Kid Flash looks repulsed, along with all of his other teammates. 

"What a creep!" He whispers to the others. "He's like 90 years old, and he's assaulting a teenager?! Man, they let anyone become a judge/dictator these days." His words are heavy with disapproval and sarcasm, and his feelings are mirrored by the expressions on the other heroes' faces. 

Loud commotion on the outside of the Cathedral draws the heroes' attention back towards the gypsy, who's head suddenly snaps up in alarm. Seeming to remember the judges last words to him, the boy rushes over to the doors with his goat, pulling them open slightly to look outside. 

They hear the voice of one of Frollo's guards giving orders. 

"Frollo's orders, post a guard at every door-"

The gypsy slams the door shut with a grunt, gazing up at the ceiling helplessly for a moment before sliding down the wall and pulling his knees to his chest. Wrapping his arms around his knees, he addresses his goat, who is sitting beside him with a worried look. Or, worried for a goat anyway.

"Don't worry, Djali, if Frollo thinks he can keep us here he's wrong

"Don't worry, Djali, if Frollo thinks he can keep us here he's wrong."

The Archdeacon, lighting candles close to the gypsy during his outburst, interrupts gently. 

"Don't act rashly, my child. You created-," here, the Archdeacon pauses momentarily, before breaking into an amused smile, "-quite a stir at the festival."

Then, the deacons voice takes on a more somber tone as he turns towards the gypsy boy. 

"It would be unwise to arouse Frollo's anger further."

Esmeralda slowly stands up, pointing a finger at the door outside. 

"You saw what he did out there," he says with an incredulous tone. "Letting the crowd torture that poor boy?!" He paces past the deacon, who turns and watches the gypsy with a sad look as the boy gets worked up. 

"I thought if just one person could stand up to him then-," the boy makes an aborted noise before sighing to the side dejectedly. 

The heroes hiding in the shadows feel their hearts soften. This boy was a truly good person; it's a shame he had to be exposed to the cruelty of others. 

Esmeralda turns back towards the deacon with a glare, but not directed at him. 

"What do they have against people who are different anyway?" The question was full of anger and sadness, and it was clear the gypsy was not expecting an answer.