Chapter 1: You Belong With Me

(For all of the chapters you can play the song straight away!)

Y/n's pov

Our car pulls up to our new house. It's stuck in between two other houses but is pretty big. I look over to my twin sister Pepper, who's sleeping. "Hey peps, we're here" I say pushing her lightly on her shoulder.

"Hmm?" She says waking up stretching her arms out wide. She looks out my window and sees the house. "Oh wow, it's nice" she says.
"Yeah" I agree.

Pepper and I have always been close, we barely ever fight and if we do it's only about who gets the last slice of pizza of something stupid like that.

"Cmon Guys lets go inside!" My mom exclaims as she hops out the car. Pepper and I look at each other and rush out the car. We both run up to the door, which my mom has now opened.

"You guys can go pick your rooms" she says to us smiling. We rush up the stairs. I push in front of Pepper to try and get there first.

The two of us are complete opposites. Pepper is quiet and shy and super nice while I'm quite noisy and hyper. I get a bit rough sometimes and I speak my mind a lot but pepper is the one who keeps me at bay.

"Hey!" She says as I rush past her. I giggle and continue up the stairs. I get to the top and look at all the closed doors, I run to the back room in hope to find the biggest room but when I open the door I see an average sized room with a massive window.

"Oh my god this room is massive!" I hear Pepper squeal from the hallway.

"Shit" I sigh to myself. I look around at the bare white walls and the carpet floor. I guess it's better than my last one I think to myself.

I stumble into the hallway and to the open door at the end of the other side of the hallway. "I call this one!" Pepper says turning to me. Her room is much bigger than mine, with two windows instead of one and a bathroom attached to it.

"Ughhh I'll do anything for you to switch peps" I beg her. "No y/n/n (your nick name) I'm keeping this one" she says. "Fuck you pepsss" I say as I turn out the door and walk down the stairs.

She knows that I don't actually mean it.

I head out to the car to see the moving van has pulled up. A man hops out the van and opens the truck. I walk over to the back of it.

"Hey I'm y/n" I say. "Paul. Nice to meet you y/n. You excited to move in?" The man asks me. "Yup, thanks for bringing our stuff" I tell him.
"My pleasure" Paul says.

I grab the closest box to me and start walking inside, I plop it down carefully at the foot of the stairs.

A couple of hours later, we've finally brought all of the boxes into the house. I look at the time on my phone. We've spent 4 hours on this?!

"Peps, y/n/n you guys can set up your room now" dad says. We both run up the stairs and into our rooms.

I shove my bed to the back of the wall with its side against the window. I put my desk on the side where my door is and my closet opposite my bed on the other empty wall. Looks a little plain I think to myself.

I put up some posters of my favorite tv shows, movies and singers.

"Much better" I say looking around my room at the colorful posters. I then put my nightstand next to my bed and a little table by my closet.

I walk back over to the other boxes in the middle of the room. I take a box cutter and open one up. "Yay!" I exclaim excitedly as I take out my record player and put it on the small table by my closet. I plug it in.

I go back to the boxes and open them up trying to find my records. I find the box and rip it open. I flick through them until I found fearless by Taylor Swift. I go back over to the record player and put it on. I start humming to the songs while finishing up my room.

After a couple of long hours I'm finally happy with the way my room looks. I walk out to go see Peppers room.

"Woah peps I love it!" I say looking around. Our rooms are completely opposite, hers being themed with light pinks and greys and fancy while mine looks like you walked into a movie theater.

"Let me see yours!" She says as she grabs my hand and we walk into my room. "Yours is so cool" she says smiling looking around.

"Thanks, when are we having dinner though I'm so hungry" I say. Just as Pepper is about to reply mom shouts "dinner!".

"Thank god, I was about to die of starvation" I laugh as we head downstairs.

After dinner I head back up to my room. I put fearless on again. I still haven't put up my curtains so I walk over to the pole and put it up on the hooks. As I step down of my bed I notice that my window looks exactly into another house.

The room is very messy with clothes thrown everywhere and their bed unmade. Jesus they need to clean up

Just then the door in the room swings open. I freeze in the spot not knowing what to do since the person can probably see me. I run on top of my bed and hide behind the wall.

I hear the door slam loudly.

I slowly peek around the side of the wall to look out the window. As I look out the window I see a shirtless boy lying on the bed. I coward back to where the wall is covering me.

Embarrassingly, I crawl off my bed and crawl underneath the view of the window. "I've got to put up the curtains" I whisper to myself.

I go over to the record player, still crawling on the floor avoiding the window and turn up the music to distract me. Then I grab the ikea curtains next to me and jump on top of my bed.

Once again I hide behind the wall that my bed is against until I think the boy can't see me.
I reach up and put the curtain up. That's good, one to go.

I try to walk off my bed but instead, I trip over to foot of my bed and fall off. "FUCK" I scream as I flop onto the floor. I grab my stubbed toe in pain until the realization settles in. Omg what if he just saw that?!

I slowly stand up in front of the window. I look out the window to check if he saw but I'm surprised to see the shirtless boy standing opposite of me in the other window.

I jump back in fear. "Jesus!" I say. I look back at him. He standing there, staring at me, while holding up a notebook. I look down to the page and it says "are you ok?" In sharpie.

I feel my cheeks go bright red with embarrassment. Fuck. He saw. I frantically look around my room and I see a notebook lying on my desk. I grab it and pull a sharpie out of my back pocket. I scribble a reply and I hold it back up at him.

"Ya Sorry u had to see that" I wrote.

"Its fine it was kinda funny ngl" he writes back laughing.

I give him a dirty look and I turn the page to write some more.

"I'm y/n" I write.

"Noah" he writes as he waves. I wave back.

I can't help but notice how hot he is. He's pretty tall with brown fluffy hair and not to mention the abs he's got. Did I just win the jackpot of neighbors?

Noah looks down and starts writing again. "stop staring at me" he says smiling

"sorry" I write back.
"where did u get this idea from" I ask him

"your blasting taylor and it reminds me of the music video" he writes. I smile.

"how do you know about the music video" I write smirking

"I gotta sister" He writes.

"oh cool" I reply

"Ima go now bye" Noah says. I can't help feeling a little disappointed, he seems nice.

"bye" I write as he pulls his curtains closed. I walk away from the window to finish putting up my curtains.

I put them up and I close them. I flop down on my bed exhausted from all the work today