Chapter 24: Come In With The Rain (Taylors verison)

(I just realised I've been using such depressing songs for these past couple of chapters. Also I feel like I should explain why I picked these songs because the lyrics kinda relate to the chapters and the lyrics can be from different characters povs so yeah if you're confused by the song choice just ask me and I'll explain it to you xx also i just changed the song and I'm keeping the song I was gonna use for this chapter for next chapter)

Y/ns pov

"Okay that's fine um we can reschedule to maybe next we-" chloe starts but I cut her off. "No chlo you're having it tomorrow no question. You've put too much planning into this to go to waste don't worry about me. As much as I want to be there I have to miss it but no one else does ok?" I explain as Julia strokes my hair. "Are you sure?" Chloe asks me. "Positive" I say sniffling.

I walk home a couple of minutes later after saying bye to the girls. As I open the door I'm immediately greeted to a hug from my mom. I clutch onto her tight without saying anything just silently crying as she rubs my back.

"I got the news a minute ago, I'm sorry babe" she whispers into my ear. "It's okay" i say softly.

"Um where's dad and pepper?" I ask finally after letting go as mom wiped my eyes.

"Dad's gone out with some friends a while ago and pepper is out with Tony I think" mom replies. "Did you tell them?" I ask her. "Not yet sweetie" she replies with a weak smile.

"Okay I- I'm gonna go to my room now" I say before waking upstairs.

I go up to my room and stare at the ceiling for what it feels like forever. It sinks in that my best friend's funeral is tomorrow. When I hear the front door open I sit up to try and hear who's downstairs. It's dad. I sigh as I hear quite mumbles from my parents.

I look out at my window. It's dark outside already. The full moon is shingling brightly into my room. I hadn't realised how dark it got until I realise that's the only source of light in my room right now.

I continue staring out the window until I see a figure at the other side. I jump back in fear but realise it's just Noah. He's sitting on his bed as he gives me a smile. I give him a small smile back. It kinda seems like he was making a truce.

Suddenly I hear a quote knock on my door. I whip my head around. My dad walks in. "Hey sweetie" he says sadly. "Hey dad" I say as he gives me a massive hug. "You ok?" He asks. "what do you think dad?" I say sarcastically, but smiling.

"I know I know, I'm just coming up to check on you" he laughs. "Love you dad" I say. "Love you too hun" he says before he lets go of me and walks out of my room.

About half an hour passes and I hear the door open again. Someone runs up the stairs and my door bursts up. Pepper gives me a glance before running up to me and hugging me the tightest I've ever been hugged.

I feel the tears running down my cheeks again. "Y/n I would've came sooner but I only found about 10 minutes ago I'm so so sorry" pepper tells me. "It's okay peps I say sniffling.

"why don't you stay in my room tonight, like old times when we shared out room hey?" Pepper says after letting go. "Okay" I smile half heartedly.

I get changed into my pajamas before we head into peppers room. We hop into her bed and i cuddle up next to her. We talk all through the night, she tells me about Tony and her friends while I talk about Chloes party. I knew she was tired so gradually I stopped replying so she could sleep. However I stayed awake. I couldn't sleep thinking about what I have to face tomorrow.

We wake up around 11am. I probably got like 4 hours of sleep last night but I honestly don't care anymore.

We walk downstairs and i just grab cereal. It seems like we're the only ones home until my mom rushes through the door. "Y/n I'm so sorry I can't drive you to the funeral, auntie ella needs me to bring your cousins to the doctors since they got an allergic reaction and Ella can't drive right now because her cats in the shop" my mom frantically replies. "What am I meant to do then?!" I say standing up.

"Where's dad mom, I need him to bring me" I tell her. "I already told you last week he had to go to Rhode Island for a business trip (he went to visit taylor obvi)." Mom explains. "Shit! I forgot" I gasp. "Language" mom tuts. (@steverogers)

"What am I going to do?" I ask her frantically. "I don't know y/n! You drive" she suggests. "Mom I'm not driving two hours I barely just learned" I shout. "Okay okay, think of something in gotta go right now" Mom says as she kisses my cheek and rushes out the door.

"Fuckkk" i groan. Pepper can't drive yet, which sucks, i cant ask Chloe or Julia since they're setting up the party. Immediately panic sets in. How am I going to get there?!

"You ok y/n/n you look a little bit pale" pepper says. "Yeah i just uh need some air" i say before running outside. I let out a big sigh.

I hear a noise from my right and see it's chloe moving boxes into her car. "Hey y/n! You alright ? You look a little stressed out" chloe says. I walk towards her "yeah I am. My stupid cousins need my mom to drive them to the hospital so now I have no ride to New Jersey and it's just really stressing me out." I say sighing as I rub my forehead.

"I can drive you" Noah says behind chloe as he swings his keys around his finger.