Chapter 2: Welcome To New York

(You know the drill with the song)

Y/n's pov

I wake up immediately because I hear a loud knock on my door. "What" I groan. "I'm walking around the neighborhood wanna come?" I hear Pepper say. "No I'm sleeping" I call back. "Dude it's almost 2pm get your ass up" Pepper laughs from behind the door.

"You go by yourself I'm not coming peps" I call out to her. "Okay Fine, See you later" she says as I hear her walk down the stairs.

I sigh and pull the covers off me. I look around the room, confused as to where I am and then remember that this is my new house. I grab my robe and I walk downstairs.

"Good morning, or should I say afternoon" mom says as soon as she sees me walk into the kitchen. I roll my eyes and walk over to the fridge.

I open it to see there's no orange juice. "Ugh there's no orange juice mom" I moan. "I'll pick some up later. Are you finished your room?" Mom asks me. "Yeah I finished last night I just fell asleep" I explain. "I'll come up and take a look later. Why didn't you go with peps?" Mom questions.

"I'm just tired" I say laughing "where's dad?". "Work. Alright I'm gonna go to the store now" she says putting her newspaper that she was reading onto the counter. "Okay bye" I say as I grab the milk from the fridge.

I make some cereal and walk back upstairs to check my phone.

As I'm chewing my lucky charms I go over and open my curtains. I immediately get a view of Noah's empty room. Oh yeah, I forgot I have the view of a really hot boys room

I close them again just Incase he goes into his room and I get changed into some sweatpants and a crop top.

I catch up with some of my friends that live in New Jersey, my previous home since we moved to New York and then I binge watch some Brooklyn 99.

I hear the keys jingling in the door, signaling that my mom is home. I hop off my bed and start walking down with my cereal bowl pretending that i was actually doing something useful instead of watching Jake Perolta singing  "I want it that way" by the Backstreet Boys.

"Y/n come help me with the bags" my mom shouts. I sigh and put my bowl on the table and walk out to the car. I grab some bags and bring them into the kitchen.

"Seriously y/n? You can't walk 5 more steps to put your bowl into the dishwasher." My mom sighs. "I was about to but I was helping you bring in the groceries" I reply. "Okay well put it in the dishwasher now" she says as she walks out to get more bags.

After an hour of doing chores upon chores mom finally lets me go up to my room. I should've just went with peps I think to myself.

I scroll through tiktok until I hear Pepper open up the front door. My mom talks to her until she runs up the stairs and bursts into my room. "Jesus peps what's up?" I say. "I met a boy" she says smiling.

I immediately sit up "What?".

"Yeah, I was walking through the neighborhood until this boy comes up to me and asks me am I new here. He's really hot by the way. Anyways that's not the point. We were talking for a while and he gave me his number and now I'm hanging out with him tonight!!" She says excitedly.

I can't help feeling a little jealous. Pepper is the prettier twin, we aren't  identical which sucks because I would never complain if I looked like her but she always gets the guys while I'm stuck listening to depressing, heartbreak Taylor Swift songs.

"That's Great Peps" I say while continuing to stare at my phone.

"I know isn't it! I don't know what to wear. Can you help me?" She asks. I sigh "sure".

We walk into her room. "What's his name?" I ask her. "Ehhh.... I don't know.." she says quietly. "You don't know?" I laugh "yet your going on a date with him tonight".

"It's not a date. We're just hanging out." She says picking out a dress from her closet. "Then why do you need help with an outfit? I mean, it's just hanging out" I snap back flopping onto her bed watching tiktok again.

"I wanna look pretty, he's hot, y/n. like on a scale of Robert Pattinson to Tom Holland He's Tom Holland level" Pepper says to me.

I look up "really?". "Yes really, now stop scrolling through Toms account and help me find an outfit" she says. I look at her in shock and back down at my phone to Toms Instagram account. How did she know??  A couple of outfits later Pepper finally picks out a dress she likes.

"Wear that" I say. "Okay, should I curl my hair?" She asks me. "I don't care, AND I thought you two were just hanging out" I say.

"Ugh shut up, I'm meeting him in half an hour so I don't think I'll be able to curl it, oh well it's fine, right?" She says turning to my brushing her fingers through her long blonde hair. "Yup" I say keeping my eyes glued to my phone.

"Your not even looking y/n!" She says. "Okay sorry, Yeah it's fine peps" I say looking up. She sighs. "Okay I'm gonna do my make up now thanks" she says.

I pull myself up of her bed and walk out the room. I head into my room and look out the window. I see Noah flopped onto his bed with his laptop on his lap.

I grab my notebook and knock on the window loudly. I write "hi" and hold it up.

Noah looks up and pushes his laptop off of his lap. He walks towards the window and grabs the notepad on his desk. He scribbles something down and holds it up.

"hey" it says.

"whats up?" I write.

"nothin much just watchin netflix" he writes back pointing to his laptop.

"cool whatcha watching?" I ask him

"brooklyn 99" he writes back. I immediately smile.

"no way I luv that show!" I write smiling.

"me too hahah" he says smiling back. He grabs his phone from his desk to check something. He slaps the notepad down and scribbles something.

"shit gotta go see my friend see u later?" He holds up.

"yup see u" i write as Noah nods and walks out of his room. I grab my laptop and resume my Brooklyn 99 marathon.

A few minutes later I hear the door knock. "PEPPER I THINK THE BOY IS HERE" I shout. "IM IN THE BATHROOM YOU GET IT" she shouts back. I jump up and scramble downstairs. I walk over to the door and open it.

"Noah?" I say surprised.