Chapter 18 : traitor - Olivia Rodrigo

( in celebration of SOUR releasing last week, and since Olivia is like basically Taylors daughter ima use a SOUR song 😊😊)

Y/n's pov

I stand there trembling, hands shaking next to my waist.

"Oh" I hear Noah quietly say. I hear him get up as next thing I know his bedroom door is open, with him standing there in front of me.

"Hi?" He says awkwardly, questioning why the hell am I standing here sheepishly.

I can't blame him. I mean I just blew up in his face like a few days ago. "Hi" I say quietly. There's a few seconds of silence before Noah moves away from the doorway, gesturing me to come in.

I step forward and walk into his room, it looks same as always. Bed unmade, random things scattered all over his desk, clothes all over and the floor and his curtains pulled wide open. It feels weird being back here. I'm so used to coming over to his house nearly everyday and staying for hours by now but I haven't been here in like 4 days. It seems so familiar yet so different.

"You can sit down" he says behind me. I whip around and face him staring at him for a second before looking and his bed and quickly sitting down on it. He sits down next to me.

"So...." Noah sighs letting out a breath which he has probably held in since I entered the room. You could cut the tension with a knife. And it's not even the good type.

"Look Noah I really need to apologize" I start. I look at Noah with a sympathetic look. He doesn't look up at me. Or say anything. He just sits there fiddling with his thumbs.

"Gabi fed me those stupid bullshit lies and I didn't know that any of it was made up. I'm sorry for blowing up at you I was just mad at everything that happened and I need you to you I didn't mean any of that stuff. I was just angry and I'm sorry" I say quickly.

Noah continues to look at his lap. He hates me doesn't he?

I sigh. This isn't going to work. "That's all I needed to say. I'm gonna go now bye" I say getting up trying to leave from this situation as fast as I can.

Suddenly Noah grabs my wrist. I look down at him. He sighs with a small look of defeat. "No y/n I owe you an apology" he says.

I look at him in confusion, but gradually, walk back to where I was sitting just a few seconds ago. Noah turns and faces me.

"I get why you were mad at me. And I don't blame you for all the things you said the other night. I should've told you about Sabrina even before we.... uh that night. she was making me miserable, treating me like shit but I couldn't do anything about it or else she'll spread lies or say some fucked up things about me. It's what she does. She's always been like this. But it seems like someone already did that anyways"

"Look I know it was stupid, but I really liked you y/n. Even more than a friend. You were the person I could talk to about anything. Well, I didn't want to say anything or else Sabrina could've done something that could ruin our friendship so I kept quiet which was such a terrible decision and I'm so. so. sorry for not telling you." He says, finally taking in a deep breath after saying all of that.

"Noah...." I start.

"You don't need to say anything y/n I just wanted to tell you the truth." Noah says before going back to looking down at his lap.

My thoughts are bouncing around my head. Could Noah be making this all up? Or is it all true. I feel like I can't trust anybody anymore. Because every time I do they break the trust. And it hurts. It really fucking hurts.

"I accept your apology" I say quickly, staring at Noah's blank wall in front of me. Noah's head immediately looks up and stares at me. I can feel his eyes burning into the side of my head and I let out a small laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Noah asks confused.

"Your reaction" I say giggling while facing him.

"Friends?" Noah asks me.

"Friends." I say before pulling him into a hug. It feels good to touch him again. Not by bumping into him at a party, or because I'm so exhausted and stubborn he has to carry me into his car or up gabis stairs, it's because I want to. Because I miss him.

Although hugging him again feels amazing, I can't help but feel my heart stinging in my chest. I know that while we were hanging out, Sabrina was still hugging him, and I had no idea. The whole time I thought he just cared about just me. That maybe I was the only girl in his back then now but knowing that Sabrina still had him on a leash of lies. It's not like anything had been going on with us besides being attached to the hip, it still felt weird knowing that he still liked me, more then a friend way. While he was dating Sabrina. And it makes me feel sick knowing I that he liked me while he had a girlfriend.

I pull away from Noah and give him a small smile. I need to get out of here. "I gotta go. I promised Chloe I would straighten her hair for her" I make up an excuse.

I stand up and start walking the door. "See you around?" Noah asks. I turn to face him and freeze. "Mhm" I say grinning. I just need to get away before I throw up with guilt. I quickly walk out the door and shut it behind me. I lean on it.

Am I being over dramatic? I ask myself. Does it really matter that he liked me while he was dating Sabrina. That's what he meant, right?

It wasn't even my fault. Why do I feel like this? Noah was the one who had a crush on me when he was dating someone else, that can't be my fault. If course it's not y/n don't be dumb. Sabrina's a bitch anyways. She deserves it. Wait. Why am I saying this? I'm not like this. Sabrina doesn't deserve this. No one does.

"You okay y/n?" Karine asks me. I snap out of my thoughts and face her. She looks at me with a strange look on her face. "Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine I was just looking for the bathroom." I say smiling.

"Down the hall to the left. Like always" she says. "Great. Thanks, my memory is going" i say laughing.

"No problem" she says slowly, giving me one last suspicious look,before walking back downstairs.

I burst into Chloe's room. She is lying in her bed scrolling through instagram. "How'd it go? I didn't hear any screaming." She says looking up from her room.

"Alright I guess, we're friends again" I say siting down at the edge of her bed. "Well that's good, right?" She says sitting up. "Mhm" I say quietly.

————————————————————
Sorry for not updating!!!!! I had exams lmao and now I'm redoing my room so Im slow at updating oopsss

Hope you all enjoyed <3