Chapter 5: Champange Problems

( guess who watched a whole season of Brooklyn 99 in a day??😩😩and I'm listening to a depressing Shawn Mendes song rn and it reminds me of endgame so um... currently crying 😭🤚)

Y/n's pov

I look at Noah in anticipation waiting for his answer. He looks down and around his room for his notebook. He spots it and reaches over to grab it.

"its nothin" he holds up.

"well its obvi something" I write, I turn the page "wanna talk about it??".

He gives me a soft smile, even though he still looks sad. "i dont wanna bother you".

"no noah I want to talk to you" I scribble down.

"fine" he writes back.

"can I come over?" I ask him.

"sure" he writes back.

I nod and hop of the edge of my bed. I slip on my shoes and walk downstairs. I'm in my pajamas and my hair is a mess but I don't really care right now, I just wanna make sure Noah's okay.

I see Pepper sitting in the living room. "Hey Pepper I'm going over to Noah's." I tell her. She turns around from the couch and looks at me "What. Why?". "Um he asked me to come over" I say. "You've already seen him today" she says, she looks a little bit angry. "I know but- he just needs something." I say before walking towards the door. "Can you cover just in case please" I say before walking out the door. I hear her sigh as I shut the door.

Even though it's July, I'm still shivering in my tank top. I walk a couple of steps to his front door and I knock on it.

I wait a couple of seconds hopping from leg to leg trying to warm myself up. The door opens slowly to reveal a girl standing there.

"Umm... hi?" She says as she gives me a strange look. Well to be fair it is almost 11 at night and a freezing 16 year old is knocking at her door. "Hi. Um... is Noah there?" I ask her. "Yes... let me get him" she says as she turns away. "NOAH SOME GIRL IS HERE" she shouts. I hear Noah's muffled voice coming from upstairs and the girl turns back to me.

"Eh, he said to go up to his room, it's the last one on the right" the girl tells me.

"Thanks. Oh I'm y/n btw, I just moved here a couple of days ago" I introduce myself. "Chloe" she smiles as she puts her hand out and I shake it. "You can head up" she says gesturing for me to come inside. "Thanks Chloe" I say as I walk past her and quickly go up the stairs.

I look down the hallway and walk down to the last door on the right like Chloe said. I knock on it quietly. "You can come in". I hear Noah say. I slowly open it and peek my head in. "Hey..." I say. "Hi y/n" Noah says.

"Are you Okay? You looked upset a while ago I just wanted to make sure you were" I say, entering the room fully. "Sabrina broke up with me" noah says with his eyes filled with tears. "Oh my god Noah... I'm so sorry" I say as I walk over to him sitting on the bed and I give him a massive hug. I can feel him quietly sobbing into my shoulder. We stay like this for a while until Noah sits back up.

"Can I ask why?" I say.

Noah looks up at me. "Um she saw us together outside of my house and I guess she got the wrong idea" he explains. I start feeling really guilty. 

"Oh my god. This is all my fault.... I should leave, I'm probably the last person you wanna see right now" I say standing up. "Wait no! Y/n! This isn't your fault I promise." Noah says standing up too. I turn to the door to exit but Noah grabs my wrist. "Please stay." He says looking at me. I look down at my wrist that he's clutching and back up to where our eyes meet.

"Are you sure?" I ask him. "Yes" He says. I sigh "fine, I just don't wanna make things worse".

"You won't I promise, if anything you would make it better" Noah says. I sit back down on his bed again and Noah follows. "I mean, she's too clingy anyways" he says.

"I don't think this is the right time to say this but... I met her yesterday and she was kinda a bitch to me" I confess. Noah laughs a bit "Yup that sounds like her".

"Do you think you'll be okay?" I ask him. "Yeah, it's gonna hurt for a bit but it's gonna be fine" He replies.

"I'm really sorry for fucking up your relationship" I say looking down. My stomach is still full with guilt. "Y/n. Stop saying sorry. It's not your fault, I was gonna break up with her soon anyways. I told you she was too clingy and on top of that she barely let me talk to any other girls except her own friends who all have bland personalities." he says putting his hand on top of mine. "I still feel bad...." I say. "Well don't be, cuz I don't need her. Fuck Sabrina!" He says. I look up at him "Noah!".

"It's true, if I could see her right now I would tell her to go fuck herself" he says and we burst out laughing.

"What would you say to her?" He asks me after we stop laughing.

"Mmm I would tell her about how much of a bitch she is and that you're too good for her" I laugh.

"Hey I don't even have your number" Noah says. I put his number into his phone. "Now you do" I smile at him. "Awww now we can't do the you belong with me thing" Noah says. "Well I think we should still do it, it's fun" I say.

Noah looks around the room and grabs his notebook. He writes something on it and prop it up on his window with the writing facing my room.

We spend the next hour talking until my phone beeps in my back pocket. "Oh that's my sister, she said I should go home now because my moms going to bed and she doesn't know I'm out" I read out peppers text.

"Okay, well I'll see you tomorrow right?" Noah asks me. "Sure" I say before giving him one last hug and I walk out of his room. I sneak down the stairs and walk out of the house quietly. I jog over to my house and open the door slowly trying to be quiet.

I can't hear any one moving so I shut the door behind me and I walk upstairs. I enter my room and flop down onto my bed I look over and see Noah staring at his phone in his bed with his lights off. I look down at the notebook on his window and start laughing as I turn off my lights yet keeping my curtains open to see the "GO FUCK YOURSELF SABRINA" on the notebook.