Chapter 17: I Knew You Were Trouble.

Chloe's pov

Oh god. What did Gabi say to her.

"That's totally not true" I say. I know Noah, he's not like that at all. He's one of the sweetest people I know and he cares for people a lot. I don't even know why he cheated on Sabrina.

"Well I believed it." Y/n tells me. "Oh my god Chloe." She says, he hand to her mouth.

"What? What is it?" I ask her. By now her tears won't stop coming. "I- I was horrible to Noah. I called him out on something that's not even true and now he hates me" She sobs.

I try and calm her. "Shhhh y/n it's okay, you didn't know"

If there's one thing I know about Gabi Layne I know that she's a two faced liar. I've experienced it up close and personal. And now she's making things up about my brother.

It all started in 4th grade. Gabi transferred from another school across town and the day she walked in you could already tell she was a bad nut. I admit, I didn't like the look of her, a resting bitch face say on her face proudly as she gave out dirty looks to everyone, but he dirtiest was to me. I have no idea why.

My friends and I invited her to sit with us at lunch since she was new and we wanted to be nice to her. She was so sweet and we instantly loved her. We brought her to every sleepover, every shopping trip, every day at the beach until one day she just exposed all of our secrets in our freshman year.

Everything we told her, all the dirt she gathered up on us she let out. She also made up A SHIT TON of lies about us.

Noah was mad. my god, He was so mad he was ready to kill. He's a very defensive brother and and I know he'd do anything for me. Anyways he shouted at Gabi for like ten minutes straight before walking away and never spoken to her again.

I guess that's why she's spreading lies about him now, getting revenge.

"Y/n. What else did she say about Noah?" I ask her.

"Um... well she said that he 'gets what he wants from girls and then kicks him to the curb' or something like that" she spits out.

"Anything else?" I ask her.

"Well, at the party we went to, She was on the top of a table, completely wasted. i wasn't as drunk as her so I asked her what was she doing and she said having fun. She then continues to say how my definition of fun is 'hooking up with other people's boyfriends' which is total bullshit" she continues.

"So then I froze and didn't know what to do, then this boy came up to me and pulled me out of the crowd. H- he got way too touchy and Noah came up and saved me. I ran away because I didn't want to talk to noah. But he saw me on the edge of the street and he picked me up. When we got to your house, that's when we had the massive fight and I called him out. I guess that was just all of gabis lies." She cries out.

"I'm so sorry y/n, Noah should've said something" I say.

"No it's okay, it's no ones fault. God I feel like such a bitch right now" she says wiping her eyes. "Why?" I ask her.

"Should I apologize to noah?" She asks me.

I think for a second. I mean she was obviously fed lies by Gabi it's not her fault. Plus she was drunk so I mean that could've added to it. But what Noah did was kinda worse.

I need to get to the bottom of this whole cheating thing.

"Well I think we should go home and you can think about it on the way home" I tell her. She nods.

"You're right" she smiles. "Thanks so much Chloe" she says wiping the last of her tears.

"Come here" I say before pulling her into another hug. She looks like she needs another one.

Y/n's pov

We climb down the tree and walk over to the car. I get in as Chloe pulls out of the parking spot. We go through that one tunnel Noah and I went through that day.

I need to apologize to noah. I think to myself. I was very wrong. And he knows it. I didn't even give him a chance to explain himself. He even apologized too.

How could he ever forgive me?

I don't even mind if we aren't friends I just want him to know I'm sorry.

But do I have to see him?

Even thinking of him makes me feel sad. How am I going to face him in real life?

My mind is getting wrapped in thoughts until Chloe interrupts me. "Y/n!" She says.

"Yeah?" I ask her. "We're here." She says. I take a deep breath.

Cmon y/n, you can do this. You just need to apologize. That's it.

"Oh" I reply, not knowing what to say. She gets out of the car. I stay still.

"Are you getting out?" Chloe asks me. I look over at her. "Um" I say.

"Okay. You do you boo I'm going inside. I'll be in my room. Just come in when you're ready" Chloe tells me as she slams her car door.

I nod at her, my eyes frozen in fear. I take one more last deep breath before opening the car door and getting out.

I walk up the front door of their house and walk in quietly. Their parents cars aren't there anymore so I assume they're not at home.

I quietly step up the stairs. Not wanting to make a lot of noise. Once I've reached the top of the stairs I walk over to Noah's room. I freeze outside of it.

what do I even say? Do I just say "sorry" and leave? No y/n that's stupid. I have to talk to him. Not just say sorry and coward away.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in and I unclench my jaw. I knock twice, quietly on the door.

"Chloe is that you? I'm busy go away" Noah says, annoyed.

I take a deep breath. "It's y/n. Um c- can we talk?"