Chapter 32: Delicate

Y/ns pov

"Pepper?" I call out as I walk over to the door of Chloe's room. I push it and it creeps open slowly. Pepper is sitting on the bed, holding one of the cushions while shivering.
"What did I do?" She says, continuing to stare at the same spot she was looking at when I entered the room.

"More like what did mom do" I roll my eyes sitting down next to her. "No, i did this" she says. She looks over at me "why are you here?" She questions. "I left, I'm not going back into that house with mom there. And definitely not going back without you" I say taking one of her hands.

"You idiot!" she snaps. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this, now you've nowhere to go too" pepper says sighing.

"You can go here" Karine says leaning against the doorframe. We both look up at her. "Look, i don't know what happened but I do know is you guys need a place to stay tonight" she says as she walks towards us.

"Y-you don't need to do that..." pepper says. "Yeah we can-" i start.

"Girls, your staying here okay? Now can someone please explain what's happening?" Karine says as she sits next to us.

We both explain what happened, taking turns filling her in about peppers dilemma and Tony. Also my argument with mom and dad. By now both of us are in tears.

"Oh dear.... Well first of all pepper are you ok?" Karine says looking at my sister, who's cheeks are stained with tears. She nods slightly. "I'm just.. confused" she says quietly. "I know you are, but we can figure this out alright?" Karine says sympathetically.

Pepper nods again. "I'll let you girls get some rest and we can sort this all out tomorrow, you can stay in the spare room tonight, the twins should be home soon but I'll tell them not to bother you guys." Karine says standing up.

"Thank you so much Karine, you really don't have to do this" i say smiling at her. "Oh you poor girls" she says before reaching down and giving us both a hug. After we hug, she walks towards the door "goodnight" she says before she turns back around and walks out the door before shutting it behind her.

I let out a big sigh, one that I've been holding in since we got here. I turn to Pepper. "We will figure something out peps, i promise." I reassure her. "You always do" she says giving me a faint smile while squeezing my hand.

I take my phone out of my pocket. "Well it's almost 1am, we should probably get some sleep" I say yawning. "I don't think I can y/n" pepper whispers quietly.

I walk over to the light switch on the wall to turn off the big light. "Well.. at least try to, okay?" I tell her. I hear her sigh from behind me. I decide not to say anything since I'm exhausted from today and the night before.. (lol I'm sorry I had to 😭)

I Flop down onto the bed. "Thank god we changed into our pajamas before we left" i think to myself as I sink into the soft cushions. I grab the cover and pull it over pepper and i before switching the lamp that's next to me, off.

I can hear pepper next to me toss and turn, and frankly I'm not tired anymore either. Well, I am. I just can't sleep.

I hear some noise coming from downstairs and some mumbled voices. I try to listen but the tiredness drowns it out. I feel pepper slightly shift over next to me so I pull her closer, giving her a hug before drifting off......

Noah's pov
Me and Chloe enter our house along with dad trailing behind us, we were visiting our aunt that lives like 2 hours away so we only got home at around half one. I yawn as I check my phone to see if y/n has replied to any of my texts. She hasn't. I wonder if shes okay. I feel like I did something wrong- I hope she doesn't regret the other night. I cant lose her again.

"Hey guys" Mom says coming into the hallway. "Hey mom" i reply before thumping up the stairs. "Noah stop stomping! Y/n and pepper are sleeping up there" Mom whisper screams. "Y/n? Why are they here?" I say. "It's a long story honey, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow" Mom says rubbing her forehead.

"Okay, I'm going to bed night" I say quietly before continuing up the stairs. It's kinda strange how they're staying at my house, i mean i want to go and check up on y/n, and pepper too since she needed y/n so urgently yesterday.

I stop outside of the guest room door, contemplating whether I should go in or not. "Noah aren't you going to bed?" Chloe says from behind me. "Jesus! That scared me" I tell her. "Oops sorry" she says. "It's fine and yeah, I'm just tired i guess" I say brushing my hand through my hair. "You can be check up on her tomorrow" Chloe says rolling her eyes, as she walks into her own bedroom.

I walk into mine and lay down on my bed. I kick over my shoes and look out my window. Then I see y/n and peppers mom sitting on y/ns bed, crying?

I sigh and roll over to my nightstand and grab my ohone

1:43am
You awake?
Delivered
"She must be asleep" i tell myself. But then again- what if shes avoiding me. No, this can wait till the morning. Or can it?

I groan before sitting up and dragging my feet up. I look back out of the window and see her mom looking at me. I have to admit, she scared me. I took a step back which resulted in me whacking my foot off of my nightstand. "Shit!" I whisper before walking out my door.

I creep down the hallway to the guest room. By now everyone's asleep or in there own rooms. I arrive at the door and I slowly crack it open. It's too dark to see anything so I creep in. I tiptoe closer to the bed and see y/n sleeping, with her arms tight around pepper.

She looks so pretty while shes sleeping. I touch her cheek slightly admiring her features. Her sharp jawline that compliments her face, along with her nose and her long eyelashes.
"God your beautiful" I whisper to her, but not so loud that she wakes up. Unfortunately, that doesn't work and she starts stirring. Her eyes flutter open and she looks up, dazed and confused. "Noah?..." she whispers. "Hey darling" i say before she sits up quickly and pulls me into a hug.

————————————————————
Sorry for not updating lol