Chapter 16: Gold Rush

Y/n's pov

I gotta admit. It was kinda strange that Chloe wanted to meet with me. I mean she was super nice and all. She was also gorgeous, but we never really talked that much, only when I was waiting for Noah or something and we'd make small talk but other then that I didn't really know her.

"How are you?" She asks me.

"I'm okay I guess" I say plastering on a fake smile.

"That's good to here! Do you maybe wanna go on a walk or something?" She asks me.

"Sure" I smile.

"We can go to the beach or something I don't mind, it's pretty hot out today" Chloe suggests.

My mind instantly races back to the times me and Noah went to the beach, the day we first went, the time when he almost kissed me and then later that day.....

"Oh um maybe we could someplace else, it would probably be super crowded" I say, rushing to find an excuse.

"Yeah you're probably right" Chloe laughs. "Hey! I know a place we can go, no one knows about it so there will be no people and it's not that far"

"Okay let's go there" I reply smiling.

We walk back over to her house, (I try to avoid the windows) and I get into the passenger seat of her car. Thank god they have two cars I couldn't deal with being in Noah's car again.

Chloe turns on the engine and she starts driving. She has her car roof open and the sound of the cool breeze calms me. The radio is down low and the sun is blinding. I'm the heat from the sun is making me drowsy and I feel my eyes get heavy. I let them close and just enjoy the utter calmness. No Noah. No Gabi. No drama.

I wake up to the car suddenly stopping. My eyes quickly open. "I didn't want to wake you since you seemed pretty tired" Chloe laughs.

"Oh sorry" I say sheepishly. "Oh it's nothing! Cmon lets go" She says before getting out of the car.

I get out the other side and freeze. I see the tree. The one from that night, where Noah brought me.

I feel the color draining from me my face. "Y/n?" Chloe calls. I snap back around to face her.

"What" I ask her. "I said do you wanna walk around the lake" she says.

"Oh uh okay" I reply stumbling quickly away from the tree.

"You good? You look a little pale" Chloe asks cautiously.

"Oh yeah I'm fine" I reply smiling before turning back to face the lake. Chloe walks up to me and we start walking.

"Can I ask you something?" I say.

"Yeah shoot" Chloe says kicking a stone.

"Why did you ask to hang out with me? I mean not trying to be rude but we don't really talk that much" I ask her, curiously.

She takes a deep breath. "Can I be honest?" She asks me. "Of course" I reply.

"I don't know, I was kinda worried about you. I don't really know you that much y/n but you haven't been around to our house in weeks. Did something happen between you and Noah or something?" She asked.

He didn't tell her???

"Noah didn't tell you?" I stop her. "Tell me what" she asks.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter" I say. I don't want to be the one to rat him out to his twin sister. I mean I've learned from experience, it's never good to fight with your twin.

"Oh okay." Chloe says. We continue walking around the lake in silence, although it's not awkward. We were just reaching the car until Chloe says something.

"You know, we can talk about it" she says looking up at me since she's shorter then me.

I look at her and sigh. "I don't want to burden you with all my problems" I chuckle.

"I want to listen though" she says willingly.

"That means a lot Chloe but I also don't want to eat out Noah" I say.

"He doesn't need to know that I know" she smirks.

"Promise you won't tell him that you know OR give out to him" I say.

Chloe holds out her pinky. "Promise" She says and I pinky promise her.

"Okay" I giggle at our middle school ways.

"Wanna sit down somewhere?" She says.

"Yeah my feet are killing me" I sigh. "I know the perfect place" Chloe says before taking my hand and pulling me.

She walks towards the tree. "Lets climb up here" She says. "Oh- okay" I say hesitantly.

We climb up and I sit on the branch Noah and I were sitting on the night. I try not to think about that night I focus on Chloe, who is sitting opposite from me.

"Noah and I used to come here with our friends when we were little" Chloe laughs. "Wow that's so cool, I didn't know that" I say lying. "Oh I shouldn't have mentioned him, sorry" she says putting her hand over her mouth.

"Chloe, you can talk about Noah is fine" I say smiling at her.

"Well we carved our names into the trunk. Wanna see?" She says. "Sure" I smile. She points over to the names carved in.

Noah and Chloe Schnapp on the 10/03/2013

I smile at the words, they're scrawled in so small and badly it's almost impossible to see them.

"That's you guys' birthday right?" I ask her.

"Yup. Oh- what's this?" She says while reading some names off the trunk.

"What's what?" I say looking at the trunk.

Chloe looks at me sadly. "You were here with Noah, weren't you?" She asks me slowly.

I sigh and nod, looking down at my lap.

"Oh y/n" she says.

"That night um- Noah asked me to be his girlfriend, we went to this tree and he let me carve my name in but when we went back to my house Sabrina saw us. Turns out they were still dating and he lied to me." I say, my throat feeling dry and my eyes watering.

"That son of a bitch- I swear I'm gonna kill h-" Chloe starts but I cut her off. "You promised" I say, tears falling down my cheeks now. (Gamora who am I right bitches??)

Chloe angrily sighs before reaching over and hugging me. I held on to her. It felt good hugging someone other then Pepper for once, not that I don't enjoys Peppers hugs.

"That's not all though" I say pulling away. "There's more" Chloe says raising her eyebrows. I nod.

"You know Gabi Layne right?" I ask her. "Yeah of course everyone does, she's a two faced bitch" Chloe says.

"She is?!" I exclaim. "You didn't know?? Oh god y/n don't tell me you're friends with her" Chloe tells me. "I was" I say. "Please tell me you didn't believe any of her lies" she begs.
I shrug.

"What did she tell you y/n." She asks seriously. "Well she said Noah's a fuckboy and stuff like that" I tell her. Chloe's jaw drops open. "WHAT?!" She shouts.