5 - Finally together

No trigger warning

I would like to point out that in this story George is very sensitive and over thinks a lot. I just think that's important to remember when reading. Hope you enjoy :)

POV Dream

It was finally the day. George and Sapnap would be here soon. At my house! I could hardly contain my excitement as I raced around the house making sure that everything was ready for their arrival. I checked the time '10:05'. Only 25 minutes to go until I can see George and have him in my arms. I wishfully thought to myself, not to long now at all.

I sat on the foot of the stairs, staring at the door willing it to open so that I could see my friends for the first time ever in real life. To be able to hug them and show them Florida and how amazing it is. I glanced at the clock again '10:30' anytime now. I stood up and paced around, I was undeniably nervous, its normal I told myself nothing to do with how much you love George and want to be with him all the time, every second of the day. I shut my eyes and shook my head pushing away my slightly crazy and unneeded thoughts.

The door bell rang.

My eyes flew open as I raced to the door, pausing a moment to wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans. I reached for the door handle and turned it. I was greeted with the smiling face of Sapnap as he ran towards me giving me a huge bear hug. I laughed as he stumbled backwards staring up at me. His words failing him as he tried to show how shocked he was at my height. I just laughed and pulled him into another hug. We pulled apart laughing like old friends who see each other everyday, and then I saw him, standing with his hands in his pockets looking down at the floor shuffling his feet.

'George!' I remarked. He looked up at the sound of his name being called. He eyes sparkled in the Florida sun. He looked ... Beautiful. I opened my arms for a hug. He watched me carefully as if he was judging what to do. Then he ran forward as fast as he could and flung himself into my arms. He was so small against me I clung onto him never wanted to let him go. I felt I must protect him. 'Welcome home' I whispered, not knowing if it was loud enough for him to hear, but I knew that my arms were his home and now it had happened it was never going to change.

POV George

It had been an extremely long and stressful plane trip to get here, but I finally was. I had met Sapnap at the airport so that we could share a car so we could arrive together. I was dreading the car trip so much, knowing that Sapnap would want to talk and to joke around whereas I just wanted to sit in silence and stare out of the window.

When I walked out of the terminal I was greeted with the loud voice which I instantly recognized as Sapnap. He ran towards me a scooped me up into a massive hug. I felt myself cringe has our bodies collided. (I didn't like people coming to close to me. It scared me that they would see the true me). I just laughed it off, this was Sapnap after all, a massive softy and one of my bestfriends.

We hurried to find a taxi as we were already running a little tight on time. We sat just watching the world go by as we nervously waited to arrive at Dreams house. I was thankful for the silence, I needed it to regain the strength that I would need to look Dream in the eye for the first time ever. I pulled my jumpers sleeves down repeatedly making sure my wrists were hidden. I wasn't going to run the risk of Sapnap noticing anything. However, he did notice and laughed at me for wearing a jumper in the heat of summer in Florida. I laughed it off mumbling something about it being cold in England.

We once again returned to silence as the drive continued. It was only broken when the driver informed us we had arrived. We had arrived at Dreams house! I stepped out of the car as Sapnap sorted out the money for the taxi. My legs began to shake as I walked closer to the door bell. Dream was behind this wall and I was going to see him, it had only been weeks before that I had seen what he looked like for the first time. All of a sudden Sapnap bounded past me and rang the door bell, hopping side to side with excitement. Then the door opened.

I saw a tall, beautiful man stood before me. I couldn't quite believe my eyes. Sapnap squealed and jumped at Dream pulling him to a tight hug. I giggled to myself at the height difference between the two. Sapnap looked tiny in his arms. I looked down at the ground trying to calm my nerves, as I knew it would be my turn next.

'George!'

I heard dream call my name. I looked up to see him standing there with opened arms waiting for me to run into them, but I was scared. Would I mess everything up if I ran to him? Would he laugh at my height for being so small against him? Would my jumper pull up and reveal my arms?

I chose to ignore these thoughts and I ran to dream. I wanted to be with him, I wanted him to hold me forever. I fitted perfectly against his chest, it was like it was meant to be. 'Welcome home' I heard Dream whisper. I clung on tighter never wanting to let go. This is where I belonged. This is where it was safe. This is where I am happy.

The moment was broken quickly by Sapnap yelling for us to go to the beach. Dream let go and smiled at me, yelling back to Sapnap in agreement to his plan. My heart sank. The beach? I can't wear my jumper there I'll look stupid. Maybe it was a mistake coming here. Dream pulled my arm as he dragged me into the house his face beaming with excitement as I weakly smiled back in return. What was I going to do, they couldn't find out what I had done to myself.

1074 words

I can't believe how many people have seen my story its crazy. I hope you all enjoy it and please vote if you do. Sorry I haven't uploaded as frequently I have a lot of exams as I'm in my last year before university. So stressssss, but I will try to upload at least once a week. Stay safe :) x