10 - The aftermath

Trigger warning -swearing at the end

POV Sapnap

I couldn't believe how Dream had reacted, was he crazy. We both know that George is a sensitive person and he just wants people to care for him. I'd always thought that Dream had loved him a little more than a friend as well, I guess that I was wrong. Not only was I wrong about Dreams feelings for George he was no friend at all. I wanted to punch him, rage was flowing through me.

I had left George curled up in his bed asleep and now it was time for me to talk to Dream. I was dreading it, I told myself I must keep my cool hitting him may knock some sense into him but won't solve any problems. I walked down stairs to be faced with Dream sat on the couch with his hands balled into fists pushing into his head. His body was hunched over and he was shaking. 'Dream?' I called out to him tentatively. I saw him slowly turn to look up to me, his eyes red and swollen and his palms were red from him digging his nails into his palms.

I rushed over to him and pulled him towards me as much as a complete idiot he had been he was still my best friend and he was clearly in pain. 'Why did I do that?' I said pulling away from me and look at me. I looked back at him unsure of what to say. 'I didn't mean to react like that I couldn't help it' he followed up with. But he could have helped it, I couldn't understand it why was he being so selfish all of a sudden. 'Sapnap, is George okay?' he looked at me with an earnest look in his eyes. 'Dream, he is terrified of you. You yelled at him.' I told him. Then it all came gushing out. 'YOU CALLED HIM SELFISH DREAM. YOU REALLY HURT HIM' I started to shout.' I THOUGHT YOU CARED FOR HIM. HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND' I took a deep breathe before saying. ' I thought you cared for him more than a friend' With that Dream suddenly broke down and started sobbing.

POV Dream

Sapnap was right about it all. I was so stupid I didn't think and now I had lost George for good. He was scared of me, if not terrified. Why did I always had to react in this way. The time when he really needed me I couldn't control myself. I just didn't want it to be true. I didn't want him to be in pain especially not causing the pain to himself on purpose. What was I supposed to do now. My tears were falling quickly now and my body was shaking once more.

I realised that my eyes had been squeezed shut and I slowly opened them to see Sapnap's worried face looking to me. 'I need to see him' I whispered to him. He took a while to think about what I had said before slowly nodding. 'Let me go first and then you follow me. Okay?' I nodded in agreement.

POV George

Everything has happened so quickly. I was confused and overwhelmed. Why had Dream reacted in such a way I understand that its ugly and I'm disgusting for it but still I thought he cared for me. I never wanted to see his face again. He had to pretty much screamed at me with limited reasoning. Thank god that Sapnap was here he was the only one stopping me from running into that bathroom and making things even worse.

The door to my room slowly opened as Sapnap slipped into the room. 'George. Dream wanted to see you' he said. I shrank further back into the duvet on the bed, as Dream walked into the room. 'Georgie?' He said almost as if he was asking a question. I shuffled further back trying my best to get away from him, cringing at the nickname. 'I'm sorry' he told me. What did it matter anyway he just saw me as pathetic and selfish it was too late. 'Why can't you answer me? Why are you being so scared?' He asked raising his voice a little. I winced a little at the tone of his voice. He started to move closer to me as I pushed myself further away from him. ' George!' he said sharply. Tears started to prick in my eyes, why was he being like this.

'That's enough Dream, why are you being such a dick all of a sudden' Sapnap said interjecting the harsh atmosphere that was descending over us. 'You hurt him and that's on you' he followed up with. I saw Dream's face crumple up and I saw for a split second the pain which he was in as well.

815 words

This was really hard to write for some reason so I might come back to it later. I just really wanted to write another chapter for you guys. Thank you for all the support and please vote. I hope you enjoyed. I will try to update as much as I can but I have big exams for school soon. Stay safe x