12 - The Hospital

Mentions of blood and is set in a hospital for the second half. Also I am from the UK so I don't know how the emergency services or hospitals work in the US if they are different or not so please bare that in mind. Hope you enjoy.

Pleaseee vote :))))

POV Dream

The life was draining out of Georges face fast and there was nothing I could do but to scream his name hoping with all my heart his hazel eyes would flicker open and he'd reach to touch my face and tell me there was nothing to worry about. But I knew that it wasn't possible and I am the whole reason that he is now lying on the floor with his head in my lap unconscious and slipping away. To further add to all this and to make it even worse which, I didn't think was possible, Sapnap had vanished. Did he not care? Of course he did, but why did he have to go and leave now when George was dying and I was doing everything I could think of to save him. 

I must have been sobbing and clinging onto George for what seemed like an age. Whisper to him that I was sorry and it was all my fault. If he left me I would never be able to live with myself. All of a sudden the door burst open with paramedics running into the room and rushing to Georges side, pushing me to the corner of the room. I was about to open my mouth to shout in response but I looked up to see Sapnap stood in the opposite corner, tears staining his face and a weary look in his eyes, he shook his head. I understand where he had gone now. He had gone to call an ambulance. Even I hadn't thought to do that,. I couldn't do anything right but cry and feel pity for myself while the love of my life lay broken on the cold hard floor.

The doctors had scoped George up and had put him onto a stretcher, talking amongst themselves as all but one left. 'Is he going to be okay?' Sapnap asked slowly moving closer towards the man. I was still slumped in the corner covered in blood with my voice catching in my throat. I felt paralyzed, I couldn't move. 'I don't know' the man said answering Sapnap, 'We can only hope for the best he has lost a lot of blood so its uncertain.'

The doctor then went on to tell us we can come in the ambulance with George but we would have to wait for the doctors to see him at the hospital and he was stabilized before we could see him properly again. My body seemed to almost come back to life as I jumped almost running out of the house. Calling that we better go now then before its too late. Both the paramedic and Sapnap rushed out of the house following me.

We got into the ambulance and drove off at a very quick speed with the lights flashing and the sirens waling. The journey was not pleasant as the paramedics tended to Georges cut trying their best to stop the blood loss and to keep his heart beating all together. Suddenly the ambulance stopped and we had made it to the hospital.

George was rushed out of the ambulance and into the hospital with the doctors running behind him. The sight was heartbreaking. Me and Sapnap were told to wait in the waiting room and a nurse would come and tell us when George was stable.

Me and Sapnap walked over the waiting room and sat down and began the terrifying wait. Praying to anything that George would be okay and he would be safe. He didn't deserve to be fighting for his life in a hospital right now. We should all be lying on the sofa at my house watching a movie and laughing when George would get scared. I should be stealing glances across the room at the brunette wishing that he was mine and was curled up in my lap, with not a care in the world. But here we were instead, trapped inside a hospital with George as far as way as possible from being curled up in my lap. This was all my fault. Why couldn't I have just kept my cool. I had hurt him when he needed me most. He didn't deserve any of this. He shouldn't be in that cold hospital bed.

I felt a hand on my back rubbing small circles. I turned to see Sapnap with a reassuring smile on his face but it was more of a grimace, as who could truly smile at a time like this. I unbaled my hand which I hadn't even released I had made into fists. The tension in my body slowly released as I finally accepted that this was happening and there was nothing that I could do to change it. I would just have to be there for George when he woke up, if he woke up.

Just as tiredness started to take over me, a nurse started to walk towards her with a rather destressed look on her face. Me and Sapnap turned to each other with the hope leaving our eyes we turned to the nurse to see what she was about to say about our dying friend.

864 words

I'm working on having regular updates but with school it is difficult but anyway I hope you enjoyed this one, well as much as you can. Thank you for all the reads this is crazy I can't believe it. I have never wrote something successfully in my life before. I hope you are all okay, don't forget to vote, and stay safe x