6 - Are you okay?

No trigger warning

POV George

I was stood in the kitchen staring at dream and Sapnap as they danced around the room in excitement of finally being in each others company. I wanted to be happy too, but my mind was full of dread. Out of all the things they wanted to do they had to chose the Beach. Maybe I was stupid for not expecting this, we are in Florida after all. The more time that I stood there, the more consumed I became by my thoughts and the more sick I felt.

'Georgeeeee' I heard dream shout my name. I looked up from the ground to see Dream and Sapnap staring at me with panic in their eyes, I guessed I must I have zoned out so much I hadn't heard them talking to me. 'See he's fine dream. You're so over dramatic' Sapnap laughed, softening his face. However, Dreams face was still filled with worry, not believing Sapnap one bit. 'I'm fine Dream' I told him, staring into his emerald eyes. He nodded back, but I wasn't sure he believed me either.

'So are we going to the beach or not' Sapnap asked, breaking the moment between me and Dream. Dream looked at me, as if it ask me if I really wanted to go. I wanted to so bad but I couldn't risk them finding out. 'I'm sorry guys I just don't feel so good' I half whispered. I saw the disappointed look in Sapnaps eyes. I rushed to say 'you guys can still go though', I didn't want to completely let them down. 'If your sure' dream asked me once again, I nodded in reply wishing that it didn't have to be this way. 'He said it was fine' I heard Sapnap yell with excitement 'Lets gooo'.

POV Dream

George seemed to almost be frozen in terror. Me and Sapnap had been calling his name for at least 5 minutes until finally he looked up. Georges face had all the colour drained out of it and his eyes no longer sparkled. I wanted to reach for him and hold him close but Sapnap was stood next to me shouting about how I'm so over dramatic. George told me he was fine but I did not believe him for one second, his eyes told a different story of worry and panic. We stared at each other neither wanting to look away and break this moment. The moment was filled with tension, love and despair. I just wanted to help George with what ever was bothering him so much. I just wanted him to be safe.

Our moment was broken by Sapnap wanting to know if we were going to the beach or not. I could tell that George didn't want to go one bit but he insisted that me and Sapnap go anyway and that he wasn't feeling to good. However, I knew that couldn't have been the real reason something more was going on, he was slipping away and I'd only been with him for half an hour. Sapnap dragged me to go get ready for the beach as I threw a pitiful look back at George as the brunette started making his way to his own room.

POV George

I finally found my room and it was huge with a bathroom and everything. There was a double bed in the centre with a massive wardrobe to the side and the whole room was painted in shades of blue (my favourite colour). I sat down on my bed and stared at the wall just thinking about everything. How I was now here with Dream and how I wished Dream was here to hug me and keep me safe so I never gave into temptation again, as the bathroom to the right called. I felt a tear trickle down face as I thought about how stupid I was being, I couldn't do that here, not in Dreams house.

The was a knock at my door as I turned around to see Dream stood in the door way. I quickly wiped the tear away, hoping he hadn't noticed. 'We are going to leave now' Dream said 'are you sure you don't mind'. I did mind of course I minded, I just wanted Dream all to myself but I just nodded yes in reply.

POV Dream

I walked into Georges room and I knew that something was wrong. It was if there was a dark cloud hanging over him. He turned to face me as I saw him wipe his eyes. Had he been crying? What did he even have to cry about? I told him that we were leaving and I saw a look of pain wash across his face. I knew he didn't want us to leave him, but how could I deny my other bestfriend what he wanted. As George nodded back to me saying that he was sure, I saw another tear roll down his cheek. I couldn't ignore it anymore.

I rushed towards him pulling him close to me. Immediately he returned the hug pulling me even closer than I thought was possible. He burrowed his head into my chest as he softly sobbed into me. I couldn't work out what was going on. George had always been quite emotional but he seemed to cry so much more recently, I just want to help him. After some time he finally started to pull away, I cupped his tear stained face in my hands as I looked down at him. He seemed so fragile as if he could break at any second.

'Dream are you coming' Sapnap called for me, as he ruined yet another moment between me and George. I looked back down to George as he still clung to me. I couldn't leave him. 'It's okay. You can go.' George whispered. 'I'm just going to go to sleep anyway. I really don't feel good' I let him go as I watched him cuddle up in the bed. 'If you are really sure Georgie' I said. I watched his cheeks glow red at the use of the nickname, and I giggled to myself a little at how cute he was. 'I'm sure' he replied, blushing even heavier. I decided that maybe he did just need some rest he had, had a long day and was probably very overwhelmed. 'Sweet dreams Georgie' I whispered as I left the room.

'Finally dude. What were you doing in there you took ages' Sapnap scolded me. 'Lets go to the beach I've been waiting ages'. So we grabbed up all our stuff, locked in the car, and got ready to drive off. My eyes flew up to Georges window hoping that he would be okay. We shouldn't be gone to long anyway. Right?

1133 words

This chapter was surprising long but I hope you made it to the end. I can't believe that I have 500 views that's crazy. Thank you all for the comments and votes it really brightens my day. I have a school break so hopefully more chapters when I find the time. Stay safe x