8 - The Beach

No trigger warnings.
If you enjoy my story pleaseeee vote. 

POV Dream
We had made it to the beach and everything was good. I was looking forward to my time with Sapnap, I just had to push my emotions towards George aside so I could enjoy the trip.

Sapnap raced from the car down to the shore line jumping away from the waves. I chased after him running towards the sparkling ocean. We laughed as we splashed each other in the waves. I forgot all about my sorrow and my worry for George in those moments. I was just there for my bestfriend Sapnap enjoying his company.

"What's wrong?" Sapnap was staring at me. I guess I must have frozen as my mind had become consumed with thoughts of George. "You've gone pale" he followed up. My voice caught in my throat, I didn't know how to reply to him.

"G-g-George" I managed to get out in a half whisper. Sapnap was looking at me in more of a quizzical way, trying to work out what I meant. "George??" He asked me still trying to decipher what I meant. My face began to crumple as my worry for George became stronger. "He's gonna be fine" Sapnap assured me, finally working out what was going on. "You really care for him, don't you?" He added. I lifted my eyes up from the Sandy ground to look him in the eye. I nodded slowly admitting my feeling for the boy we had left at home. Sapnap hummed in response. "Let's go then. There's no point staying here when your Georgie is at home" he laughed giving me a reassuring smile that it was okay.

I splashed my friend once more before before running up the Sandy shore and back to the car. Sapnap laughing and chasing after me. We got back into the car and still laughing we started to drive back to the house.

POV George
My eyes flickered open, my face was wet with my tears that had soaked my pillow. I sat up in bed and stretched out my arms. I winced as I felt a strain against my wrist. I pulled my sleeve up remembered what I had done. The tears started to fall once again, I shook myself, telling myself to stop crying and dream couldn't see my like this. I dragged myself out of the massive bed and walked to the bathroom. I splashed water against my face in an aim to make my tear stained faced less obvious.

I started to walk back into the bedroom as I heard the sound of a car pull up to the house. I quickly peered out of the window to see Dream and Sapnap walking towards the front door. I rushed back into bed and pulled the covers over me and forced my eyes closed. Then Dream would think that I had been asleep the whole time they had been out.

POV Dream
I unlocked the door to the house and walked inside quietly in order to not wake up George. I called out his name softly as Sapnap flopped onto the couch as his eyes began to close. I crept up the stairs slowly and made my way to George's room. I knocked on the door gently but to not response.

I decided to walk into the room just to check everything was okay. I walked into the room to see the brunette being sound asleep. However something was wrong. Under his eyes was red and raw as if he had been sobbing for hours. I walked closer to him, as I did I realised the pillow was stained with tears. I instantly regretted ever leaving him alone.

I sat down on the bed pulling him into me rubbing his arm so he knew I was there to keep him safe. Something wasn't right though. I reached for the sleeve of the hoodie and began to pull it towards me as I held my breathe.

712 words (sorry for the shortness)

Sorry for the absence I've had a lot of stress and stuff going on. I promise I will try to update more. Once again hope you enjoyed and if you did please vote. Stay safe x