9 - SELFISH

Trigger warning there's implied mentions of self harm throughout. Where there are major mentions I have marked. There is also a small mention of blood at the start and swearing later on.

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote.

POV Dream

As soon as I walked into the room I knew something wasn't right. The air wasn't pure, it hung low as if to pull my happiness down with it. George looked so fragile as if you was going to shatter at any minute. I didn't understand any of it surly George would be happy, he's here with me and Sapnap too, of course. As I had sat down on the bed George stirred a little in his sleep, softly snoring as he rolled closer towards me. His arm almost reaching out to me. I took his small hand in mine and rubbed little circles into his palm, hoping that what ever was going on with George would be reveled to me soon.

He shifted a little more and he had a very scared look on his face. What ever he was dreaming about it wasn't good. I pulled him in a little closer to me hoping that it would pass and I would be here to hold him if he woke up. That's when I saw the little red marks on the end of his left sleeve of this hoodie. I reached for his arm to closer inspect what it was, fearing what I already knew it was. It was blood what else could it be but why. Had he accidently hurt him self expect there was nothing to do that on. I reached for his other sleeve to see if this told the same story but it didn't.

Panic started to set in as my mind started jumping to the worst possible conclusions praying that they weren't true. I reached for his left wrist again grabbing it. As I did so George winced and I didn't need to roll up his sleeve to already know what I would be faced with.

Trigger warning - mentions of SH

I stared down at long red lines that had been cut into his porcelain skin. Tears started to form in my eyes as I stared in disbelief. I thought George was happy, he can't have done this to him self surly not. Some cuts were bright red clearly being very irritated by the material of the hoodie, others were more faded and had start to heal and others were just a small line. Tears start to fall as I realised this must have been going on for months.

End of trigger warning

I squeezed my eyes shut praying that this was all a dream and that it wasn't real. How could this be real, George had never said anything about it. I thought he trusted me but I guess I was wrong. I felt the small brunette stir again but this time he sat up and opened his eyes. Confusing spread over his face as to why I was sat in his room on the bed. Then a look of terror as he looked down to see me holding his wrist in my hand. He yanked his arm away from me hugging it close.

'George what is going on?' I asked him firmly. He just looked at me with his big hazel eyes which tears were starting to fall from and shook him head. 'You have to tell me' I persisted. The tears were falling faster down his face, but I felt a wave of anger rush of me. I cared for him why couldn't he see that why did he have to do that to him self. 'Did you do this' I was almost shouting now. He squeezed his eyes shut looking away from my but slowly nodding his head. 'Why George' my voice was getting even louder now but I didn't care he should tell me, I love him. 'WHY ARE YOU BEING SO SELFISH' I was shouting now sick of him not answering me and anyway he was being selfish he should be happy there's nothing wrong with his life. 'GEORGE FOR FUCK SAKE WH-' I was really yelling now but I was cut off my Sapnap running into the room. 'DREAM WHAT THE HELL MAN, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?' he yelled back at me.

We were bought back into the room by the sound of the sobs which are now shaking through Georges body. I instantly reached out for him to hold him so he was okay but he shrank away from me. His eyes were filled with terror as if he was scared of me. 'Dream get out' Sapnap snapped at me. I looked at him as if to say why. 'NOW!' he shouted.

I got up off the bed and started to walk towards the door, looking back to George who was sat on the bed curled in a little ball trying to get as far away from me as possible. Still clutching his stupid wrist. 'Fine' I spat back to Sapnap the red cloud finally starting to lift around me as why anger started to disappear.

POV Sapnap

I watched Dream leave the room and then slowly made my way over to George. He was clearly upset and scared, his whole body was shaking and his breathing laboured. I sat down on the bed and reached out to him. He just shrank away shaking his head. 'George you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to' I told him. 'you can just have a hug' I held my arms open hoping that he would come towards me. He looked like he was fighting within himself on what to do before finally shuffling over to me and clinging onto me tightly. Sobs racked his body once more as but I just sat there holding him telling him that it would be okay that dream was gone now.

When George has finally started to calm down he pulled away from me. 'What happened George' I asked as earnestly as I could, not expecting him to answer. But to my surprise he gave me his left arm. I looked to him for more guidance as I had no idea what this meant.

Trigger warning - mention of SH

He slowly pulled his sleeve back to reveal long red cuts on his skin some fresh and some old.

End of warning

'Did you do these?' I asked him already knowing the answer. He looked at me with his big hazel eyes and nodded. He snatched his arm away and went back to sitting in the corner of the bed trying to hide away. 'Is that what Dream got mad at?' I asked and he nodded once more. A few minutes passed of silence. 'Are you mad?' George asked me, it was so quite I could have missed it. 'Of course not George I just want to help you. Come back over here. We don't even need to talk about it right now' I told him, opening my arms once more. This time he shuffled over without a delay. 'Thank you' he said into my chest as he pressed further into me. 'I'll talk to dream later as well' I told him. He just sighed as if he was finally defeated before finally saying 'I love you Sapnap, but I love Dream too'.
(Sapnap and George's relationship is purely platonic and brotherly)

1238 words (long again)

I hope enjoyed I felt this was quite dramatic. It broke my heart a little to write dreams part but remember you are always valid and his response is absolutely wrong and if any of you need to talk I can. Thank you for 800 views that is crazy. Remember to vote and stay safe x
I'd also like to make it clear that George and Sapnaps relationship is simply platonic and brotherly.