Chapter 6

“Get out,” the Prince ordered without looking up from his papers as if he knew who was at the door.

Just from the of his tone alone you can tell who he was talking to. I’m the only person he would treat with this much aggressiveness.

“Your Highness,” I called out to him and approached while ignoring his command. His gaze was still fixed on his papers.

He spoke in a disgruntled voice when he noticed me in front of him. “Why are you walking even closer? Don’t even try pretending to be polite. You’re disgusting and creepy.”

“Okay? So… Raven?” As soon as I said that, he put a hand on his mouth like he was going to be sick.

If you were going to be uncomfortable with it, then why did you tell me to do that? I can’t see him as anything but a child.

“…Sir Raven.”

“…”

Pasting that honorific at the beginning made his expression relaxed a bit, but the color on his face was still off.

“…”

The Prince tried to look collected and focused on his paperwork, but I noticed that he was rattled when I opened the door. I wasn’t sure if it was because of his anger, fear, or trauma. The Prince was usually a character who didn’t show any signs of anxiety, but I realized that he was upset. It was a miniscule change in his facial expression that I wouldn’t have been able to recognize if it weren’t for the documents lying underneath him.

“I think that one is wrong.”

“What?”

“Your spelling…”

I pointed to one of the documents he was sloppily writing on. It was fine in the middle, but the part he just wrote was misspelled. It seemed that the Prince was so greatly disturbed by me that he wasn’t aware of it. I wasn’t the kind of person to point out someone else’s mistakes, but I knew he made one because of me. I was only doing this so he wouldn’t bear a grudge towards me later.

His eyes followed my finger. Instead of consciously following it, he almost seemed dazed. He was staring at my finger tip when suddenly he bolted up as if he was on fire.

“What, what are you doing?!”

I responded in a playful tone, “I don’t bite.” I just wanted him to know that I wasn’t going to infect him after all…

I was surprised that the Prince stood there shocked for a moment before he came back to reality. It almost looked like he was embarrassed.

“Did you just come here to harass me?”

“Nope.”

“…” He narrowed his eyes at me as if he was trying to peer into my soul.

Sorry but it’s pitch black here. I endured his staring but I ended up speaking first.

“I brought you your meal.”

“What?”

I pulled out a sandwich behind me and the Prince was surprised I even had it. But soon his face hardened and he firmly said, “I thought I told you I wasn’t going to eat anything you make?”

“If you don’t eat, your health…” I wouldn’t be doing this if I wasn’t worried about him. I continued in concern, “Even if you don’t eat for a few days, your health will start deteriorating. Although you’re not starving, you should still get some food in you.”