Chapter 11

But Raven expected something different to happen.

The Baron, soon appeared as the knight’s master and started yelling at his knight.

“What are you doing standing around here for?! Quickly bring my slave back to me!”

“A slave? What is this? Since when?”

“Since now!”

“If you mean now, are you referring to the carriage accident?”

“Yes! It recklessly blocked the path of my carriage and thanks to that my wagon was destroyed. I can not let it get away.”

“That’s… I’m sorry for that.”

“Kuh…” Raven nervously snorted and grew worried for the noblewoman whose hood covered her face. She disregarded the Baron despite the fact that she knew he wanted that child.

Considering no attendants came to her aid despite all the upheaval, the Baron seemed to be of a higher rank. Nevertheless, she showed no sign of backing down.

So such nobles actually exist. Why did I not notice them before? The Prince thought that it wouldn’t be too bad if they were by his side when be becomes the Emperor. If there was a noble who had the same ideals as himself, then they would make a strong ally in the future.

As Raven thought this, the hooded noblewoman, as though clueless, curiously asked the Baron, “By the way, you’re speaking really casually to me. Do you even know who I am?”

Raven’s eyes narrowed as he listened.

‘Nobles should know their rank since they were children. If she doesn’t know such a simple thing, she could be a noble from the countryside… Was there a vacancy?’ Raven thought seriously and was surprised to find this extraordinary discovery. What else did he not know about the nobles?

For a moment, Raven was baffled and continued his observation. Since his minor monologue, the hooded noblewoman continued to pick on the Baron’s nerves by ignoring him and politely  speaking to his knight.

“Haha ahaha … “

He didn’t know if the woman was doing it on purpose or she was really oblivious, but the whole situation was so funny that he tried to hold back his laughter.

“Ah, oh God.”

Raven, who was bent at the waist laughing, calmed himself down and straightened his posture. It was pleasant to watch her, but it seemed the exchange wouldn’t end well..

“…”

The noblewoman is fighting a fight that could only end in one way no matter what. Her momentum was good, but the Baron was still not an opponent she could win against. Later when he becomes Emperor, he will change everything, but for now the situation will remain the same.

Raven took a step to help her; however, at the same time she lifted up her hood.

“…”

Long silver hair, calm purple eyes and the wind softly blew her hair around her.

Raven blinked, he couldn’t understand what was happening although the scene was in front of his eyes.

The Baron, now knowing her identity, deeply bowed and disappeared with his knight.

Raven was unable to move until Celebi picked up the child and walked through the streets.

“…”

She was the first noble on his list to destroy…

He was confused.

“How…”