Chapter 8

It’s only natural that you want to be seen by your favorite person regardless if you live in the East or the West.

When I looked at the Prince in the eyes, he grasped his body and shivered…. His complexion started to hardened at my words. Why is he acting like this? I was the one who should be embarrassed here. Well, it seems like the previous Celebi harassed the Prince too many times for a simple sentence like that to get him blue in the face. However, it wasn’t unreasonable for the Prince to suspect me for wanting to show my ‘pure feelings’. The feelings the old Celebi had towards the Prince were closer to an obsession than to anything remotely resembling love. She only thought about how to get rid of her opponents than wanting to be seen by her favorite person.

So this was the result: a deformed relationship that loves to death and hates to death.

He hesitated to speak for a long time and then said, “Don’t lie. All you want is my body and my power.”

“Oh? That’s not true,” I answered as I lowered my head towards the Prince.

After hearing my reply, his face subtly distorted. Everything the Prince said was wrong. To be precise, I didn’t want his body, power, or even his heart. I didn’t answer in that sense, but it seemed the Prince interpreted my words differently. His misunderstanding made him blush as if I did ended up harassing him. He seemed to think I wanted something other than his body and power.

Well he was free to make that mistake.. I scratched my head awkwardly.

I want to have a good relationship with the Prince by turning this failed one into a normal one. In order to do that, I have to first resolve the misunderstanding that I like the Prince.

“Anyways, I don’t have any ulterior motives regarding you. Besides… I think I can actually help you, Raven.”

I was convinced that I would be helpful to him, but the Prince sneered at me on reflex. For the Prince, I was probably someone who could only help herself. It would definitely sound like a lie for me to suddenly offer my help. But it was because of this that the Prince seemed interested in what I had to say. I quickly opened my mouth while carefully gauging his expression.

“Well… don’t you hate nobles?”

“…” The Prince’s face froze and he stared at me with cold eyes as if he was reading my heart.

The nobles in the novel are depicted as villainous and have plagued the commoners in the name of obtaining luxury. The looked dignified on the outside, but were filthy on the inside. They only cared about being pampered without lifting a finger.

As a matter of fact, the Prince hated those types of noble families. He would prefer to get rid of them right now. But currently, not only has his body not yet fully matured, he was still young and lacks political power. He also does not have a good standing with the nobles. Regardless, there were a bunch of people who wanted to make a connection with him because of his power as a Prince, but he never compromised himself with those he considered an enemy. 

At the end of the novel, the Prince purged all the nobles who have committed wrong doings and returned their property to the commoners. He then got the title King of the Common People.

Duke Pirineus was the Prince’s most difficult opponent. Moreover, although it hasn’t happened yet, the peasants rebelled against the Prince’s decision and led a revolt. The rebellion, of course, failed. There was no description on what happened to the Duke after that but it was better for my mental health not to have seen it.

“…Raven, if you become the Emperor in the future you are going to eliminate all of nobility right?”

“…Hah.” The Prince laughed with his twisted expression at my words. ‘If you become the Emperor,’ his eyes were brimming with patience at that phrase.