Chapter 9

“You’re driving me insane. Why do you have to keep doing this to me? Did you suddenly decide to change the way you harass me? Everything is so strange because of you. It’s like I’m the only one going mad!” Spit was almost flying out of his mouth as he finished and he took a deep breath as if trying to calm himself down. The Prince, who never broke a sweat even when next to a roaring fire was now sweating, bowing his head and breathing harshly. His tight grip on my shoulders were painful, but I couldn’t say anything.

I tried to be as blunt as usual, but I was overwhelmed by his reaction.

…My, what have I done? I relied on my past memories about the Prince, but I didn’t know he would actually burst out in anger like that.

…I really didn’t know!

In this sticky situation, I may have been harsh when I told the Prince about my health but it was still a hundred times better than what the old Celebi would usually do. However, when the Prince who was known for his warm and good personality to suddenly explode with anger just like that there must’ve been something that went wrong.

I started to reach towards the Prince’s hands that were shaking my shoulders and I shakily opened my mouth. But as soon as I touched his hand, the Prince shuddered as if he touched a dreadful worm.

It was an unconscious reaction, but he didn’t forsake my hands. It seemed like he knew that I didn’t have any sexual intentions.

“I… I’m sorry…”

“…”

I didn’t know why I should apologize, but I just hoped apologizing would calm the situation. Even with my apology, however, the Prince said nothing and only dipped his head.

Do your contemplations by yourself!

I didn’t want to interfere with his thoughts, but now it was getting hard to endure. I whimpered, “I, I think… my bones might break…”

At my words, he looked confused and took his hands off my shoulders. The Prince seemed to have been so absorbed in whatever he was thinking of that he didn’t notice he was still holding onto me.

My shoulders were throbbing with pain thanks to him. Even though the Prince is 14 years old, his grip was far stronger than that of an average adult male. I didn’t want to show any weakness so I tried to be quiet, but I couldn’t help but let out a small groan of pain.

For a long time the Prince didn’t say anything, but then he faced me and said decisively, “…Do you remember?”

“…”

“The day you first killed a person.”

There was no emotion on the Prince’s face as he said that. He was so cold that it was hard to believe that he was the same person who exploded at me in anger earlier.

I couldn’t face his dead eyes so I bowed my head without saying anything. The moment Celebi committed her first murder…

As for the cause, of course it was because of the Prince. Unfortunately, the author never wrote the name of the victim but they did write about the incident. Celebi had a misunderstanding as she saw Prince Raven and another girl together, so she rushed towards the lake and pushed her. Although the incident was handled as an accident, the Prince felt responsible for the poor girl’s death for the rest of his life.

And after that incident, Celebi became aware of her feelings and started to obsessively stalk the Prince. Kidnapping, confinement, violence, drugs… All possible means were used but they all resulted in failures.

With a deep sigh as if he was thinking about all the hardships Celebi troubled him with, the Prince said, “Now… okay. I’ll listen to you this time. If you die because of me, I won’t follow you.”