Chapter 13

His mana and energy were intertwined around the cave.

I felt suffocated and weighed down by gravity.

I've got goosebumps all over me and sank helplessly to the floor. Then, he crossed his arms and shook his head, waiting for his anger to subside.

damn it, what the hell caused him to explode?

Celebi, what did you do to the Crown Prince?

I thought the reason he was so bitter was because of the traumatic past created by the old Celebi was triggered. However, after a long silence, the words from the Prince's mouth were completely unexpected.

"Who is it?"

"……?"

When I looked at the prince with a slight tilt to my head, as if to urge my answer, he asked me again,  "Who dares to hurt the body of the esteemed daughter of the Duke?"

"……?"

As he spoke, he slowly swept his hand along my shoulder and down my back. The cool touch of his hand made my whole body shudder. It felt totally different from when he put his hand on my skin to look at my wound.

Overwhelmed by his energy and shivering like a baby bird, unable to say a word, he mistook my reaction.

“……Are you afraid of retaliation? It's okay to be honest. I will punish him myself. It's a heavy crime to put your hands on the body of a noblewoman.”

The Crown Prince started laughing brutally, but I could tell at a glance that he wasn't smiling because he was in a good mood.

I stared in panic at his red eyes, which looked like they would burst forth at any moment. Looking closely, the pupils were abnormally dilated. They were not human. They were like the eyes of a bird of prey.

The eyes of a dragon. He was using its mana.

His eyes were as beautiful as rubies but as frightening as blood.

For a moment, I tried to understand the situation.

He didn't seem to know that the wound on my shoulder was from him. Moreover, judging from the conversation so far, the Crown Prince seemed to be convinced that I was attacked by someone else.

I finally figured out the reason for his recklessness, but something was wrong.

I couldn't believe that he was so angry that he would even activate his red eyes.

“Tell me.”

I shook my head. If he found out that it was him, I didn't know where his anger would turn.

“Really? If you don't want to talk, I'll force you to say it.”

I had turned away from his gaze, but he caught my face and made me look into his red eyes.

He was close enough to kiss me, but his eyes were so fierce that it was far from romantic.

“Tell me.”

You can't make me open my mouth with just a command… What?

Suddenly my whole body moved. Defying its owner's will, my mouth opened on its own.

Don't tell me, this is…

That spell?

This spell was the reason the dragon race was the strongest on earth. Anyone would made a command with that this spell could force their target to follow their will.

Whatever order it was.

Even an order to die.

Well, even if you absorbed a dragon's mana, you couldn't use their spells. Prince Raven was much more of a cheat character than I had thought.