Chapter 15

"Hey, get up."

When I opened my eyes, I saw the Crown Prince observing me.

My eyes felt heavy as soon as I woke up. The morning rays were too bright on my face.

"Get up quickly. We got to go."

I rubbed my eyes and casually asked him, "When did you wake up?"

"Three hours ago."

"What? You should've woken me up. What were you doing?" We had to slay the monster as soon as possible, but we lost 3 hours because I was still sleeping.

I made an apologetic face, but the Crown Prince looked embarra.s.sed. He mumbled while avoiding my eyes, "I just… I was there."

“…?”

Did he stay here for three hours with only me and a pile of leaves?

"Anyway! Let's hurry and get out of here!" he shouted as he jumped up and marched out of the cave.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong or why he was angry. Before he turned around, I could see that his face was red.

Did he get angry because I slept a lot?

I didn't think he was that narrow-minded.

Suddenly I lowered my gaze and saw the dent on the leafy bed where the Crown Prince had been sitting until now.

My fated enemy had sat there for quite a long time.

…Eh, no way.

Just because you switched to a new body, doesn't mean you should start getting full of it. He wouldn't have an interest in the sleeping face of the woman he hates.

I should go find a lake to see my reflection in case there was something on my face.

After convincing myself of this, I decided not to think about what the Crown Prince did for three hours while I slept.

When I exited the cave, I saw the Crown Prince from behind, standing as if nothing had happened. He looked down a cliff with an unreadable expression.

I looked around and said, "So where should we go? We're in the middle of the forest, I don't even know where my colleagues are."

"I've put a tracking spell on the monster's body. He's hurt so he's probably back in his home because if he was dead, the magic would've worn off. Since he's injured and might die anytime now we'll regroup later and go after the monster as is."

I politely nodded at his plan but when I realized something was off, I stiffened.

"Then what should I do?"

"Didn't you hear me? I said we're going after it as is," he responded with a slight frown, silently telling me not to ask again.

"…" I shook my head and explained to him my shortcomings, basically telling him why I wouldn't be able to keep up. "I don't have any abilities so I won't be able to help at all. I'm even injured so I'll just be a distraction. I'd rather go somewhere safe-"

"Where in the world is safer than by my side?"

"…"

By his confident words, I swallowed the words I was going to say.

Unfortunately, the Crown Prince was right. If I was left alone in the middle of the Atter forest which was swarming with monsters, I will inevitably be attacked by them.

Furthermore, the whereabouts of the army was unknown so the safest option would ironically be to follow the Crown Prince to the monster's den.

I sighed and chased after him who didn't bother to look back at me.