Chapter 1- The Beginning.

Kageyama Tobio was a troubled child, as most say. He didn't have many friends. He didn't get many bad grades, but still some. He was the child in the corner of the class, quiet, and not speaking unless spoken to. 

Many assumed he was always like this.

Many didn't know the full story.

As the classes came and went, and the day began to end, and it was time for clubs to begin, Tobio became a new person. He would hurry to Kitagawa Daiichi gym, change in the locker room, and grab his volleyball. He'd meet his teammates out on the floor, and do what he did best. He would play volleyball. He was a great setter, skilled, confident, and if you were lucky enough, lighthearted. His teammates adored him for this, being an extremely young addition to the team. His fellow first-years would stick by him, complimenting him and laughing at him. 

Oikawa Tooru was the only one that had a problem with him. He was the starting line-up setter for the team, and he saw how much Kageyama was improving. He could even take his spot. Tooru shook his head. No, He thought. Please, anything but that. Oikawa loved his team, loved his teammates, loved his volleyball. He hated the idea of being on the bench, hated the idea of being subbed. He realized; he hated Kageyama. No, no, that's not fair, at least give him a chance. He said to himself, but every time he saw Tobio during practice, he couldn't be nice to him. no matter what he told himself. He just hated him. There just wasn't anything he could do to change that. So he stopped trying. 

"Baka!" He would shout at him, while Tobio would sit and be polite. It got on Oikawa's nerves. One day, it was too much pressure. Tooru started messing up easy formations. During a game. So he was subbed. And Kageyama came into the game. Oikawa's worse nightmare had become reality. The rest of the game was a blur. He didn't remember what the score was. He didn't remember how he got back and what happened along the way. He just thought about it. H-he replaced me... They did it... It's all his fault. He is the reason. He is the reason I'm struggling right now. He clutched his head. No! He thought, panicking. It's not! It's not his fault! He sat there, in the corner of the gym, trying to control his thoughts. The rest of the team had left, all except for Iwazumi and Kageyama. 

" 'kawa?" Iwazumi asked, squatting next to him "Loserkawa? We got to go now, volleyball is over." Oikawa looked over at him, tears on his face.

 "I-I don't- I can't- I can't go. I've got to get better...better, I can't be on the bench again-" Iwa-chan cut him off by grabbing his wrist. 

"Tooru, please, you won't be on the bench again." He took a breath, his cheeks slowly turning red. "I promise. Calm down." 

Oikawa looked at him in shock. Slowly, he began to smile. He leaned in against Hajime's chest and closed his eyes. "Th-thank you..." He murmured into his shirt. Tobio decided to leave. He crept over to the door and left, holding his left arm. At least nobody noticed... He thought sadly to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a new day and weeks after the 'Iwazumi and Oikawa' incident. Tobio had hung behind because he wanted Oikawa to teach him how to serve, without everyone watching. He decided he would try again today. He waited 'till everyone but them had left, and approached the other setter. It wasn't hard to catch him after practice, he was constantly working. "O-Oikawa-san?" He stuttered, holding the volleyball in front of his face. "Can you teach me how to serve please?" He asked. 

Oikawa glared at the minor. Rage started to form inside of him. Get away from me... Kageyama's face flashed before his eyes. Get away from me... He had taken his place... Get away from me...  "Get away from me!" Oikawa's body reacted on its own. His hand flew up to backhand Tobio-

 and it was blocked.

By Iwazumi. "Get out of here." He growled at Tobio. Kageyama averted his eyes and rushed out of the gym. 

"Baka! Baka Oikawa! What is going on with you?!" He shouted at the setter. Oikawa sat on his knees. His head in his hands. He was in shock. 

"I-I don't know..." He said. He pulled his legs up and curled into a ball. Hajime softened. "Hey, hey, It'll be ok." He said soothingly, pulling Tooru onto his lap. "Just don't do it again." Oikawa nodded into his shirt. 

They sat like that for a while, on the gym floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tobio Kageyama POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shouldn't have been there... He thought. Oh, I really shouldn't have been there... He wasn't thinking about himself. He was thinking about how Oikawa-senpai looked when his hand came, ready to hurt him. He wasn't in control. I pushed him over the edge. I should've just left. He kept blaming himself the whole way home. Everything hurt. He never told anyone why. Nobody noticed when he flinched at them. 'Nobody notices' could define his life. He was lost in his thoughts, so much that he didn't notice when he reached his front door. When he looked up, he froze. He was 'home.' 

The scars seemed to be new again...