Chapter 3- The Bottom of The Stairs.

Kageyama was half screaming, half sobbing as his father dragged him down the steps. He was being slammed against the steps with no regard for his bruises and cuts. At the end of the steps, his father grasped his hair and threw him against the wall. His head slammed against the stone and he screamed in pain, clutching his head with his arms. A hand covered his mouth, none the too gently, and push his head against the wall again. His shouts became muffled. 

"Tobio? Tobio-Kun?" Miwa's voice echoed from above.

"Shut it brat." His father smiled. "Unless you want Miwa to come down here too..?" Tobio's eyes widened. H-he wouldn't! Miwa is the pride of the family!

"Tobio! " She sounded concerned.

His father looked at him, and his smile grew wider. "I would," He said. "I would, you know that? So shut up." Kageyama immediately quietened. He would not see his sister hurt. 

"Good boy~" His father crooned. "Now keep quiet." He stepped back, seeming to move away. 

Kageyama exhaled. Then a sharp pain lanced through his leg as a 'crunch' sounded through the room. He gave a slight scream and looked down at his leg. 

His father had stomped on his shin. 

There was blood all over his leg, bruising right before his eyes. Tears streamed down his face; all the pent-up emotions spilled out. The emotions he had masked with anger, indifference, and annoyance. Pain, fear, and sadness showed, for the first time in a couple of weeks. He was sobbing quietly, not daring to make another noise.  His father lifted his boot off Kageyama's leg. 

"Now that'll teach you a lesson." 

His father left him there, taking Miwa away from the basement.

He waited for it to be over.

It hurts. It hurts so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it seemed like hours before he could get up, only to collapse again.

He was left there.

A sobbing, bleeding mess, at the bottom of the stairs.