CHAPTER 1: Running Away

Hawks POV:

While the rain pours late at night through the city. I take flight while lost in memories of how this all started. My abusive father beating on my mother as I cowered in the corner of the room. Father was trying to sale me off to get enough money to run away from the heroes who were on the way. Mother stopped him by trying to fight back. This gave the heroes time to get there. Just as mother fell to the floor by me. Endeavor busts inside. Father couldn't fight him, so he used me as a hostage. Terrified, all I could do was cry quietly. Endeavor smiles and says.

"Hey kid, let's play a game. We're gonna play peek a boo. When I give the signal. I want you to start it off okay?"

I nod quietly in agreement. That's when my father's grip tightens.  Endeavor winks, so I closed my eyes. Soon after , Father let's me go. In moments father was arrested and we were free from him. Endeavor gives me a plush and pats my head.

"You know I've got a son about your age. I think you both would be great friends."

I smile and hug Endeavor before running out to play with the plush. All awhile mom is inside talking with people in suits. Mom soon calls me inside.

"Keigo sweety, these people want to ask you something!"

I run inside to see a woman and two men sitting on our couch. The woman asks me.

"Would you like to become a hero little boy? We'll be sure that your mother will be safe. Not only that but all of her needs and wants will be fulfilled."

I look down and clutch the plush tightly.

"D...do I have to?"

"Your quirk could save many lives. Who knows, you might even work with Endeavor one day."

I started to get happy about the idea. So I nodded yes. Once in the car to leave. My mom was placed in a different one. Where she was put in protective housing. I was then placed at Endeavor's house for a few weeks. That way I could learn about hero laws before training. Once there, a boy with white hair reaches a hand out to get me out of the car. Since it was a knew place. I was scared to get out.

"Come on, let's play Keigo."

My wings became too heavy from the rain to fly. So I crash landed in an alley. That's where I curled up into a ball with my wings folded around me to hide. Suddenly footsteps start to approach as tiny splashes. I froze with fear and didn't want to look up. That is until an unexpected voice says.

"Well well look who it is. It must be my lucky day.  "

I look up to see dabi standing there looking down at me.