CHAPTER 11: Keep Running

The Keeper's POV:

Once Dabi's in the water. I begin to smile as victory is close at hand.

^How predictable, once I deal with you.  I can retrieve hawks and go to a more secluded location.^

At the moment my hand is aimed at dabi and ready to shoot out a chain to restrain him under the water. It gets kicks off target by Toga.

"Not so fast tough guy. I won't let you hurt either of my brothers."

"Brothers?"

I look and realize just why dabi was going after hawks.

"So that's it. They're not just friends,  but something more."

Toga goes to stab me. So I avoided it with ease.

"Don't look away or I'll cut you to ribbons, and that wouldn't be very fun."

To end this fight and retreat to fight another day. I used my chains to swing from rafter to rafter. As Toga follows me. I decided to throw a vial of hawks blood that I always keep on hand. Toga gets distracted long enough for me to kick her. She catches herself on the platform where hawks was at before.

"I'd love to keep fighting but not today. Later-"

Spinner breaks the chain I'm swinging on. Once on the ground.  I was tackled by Shigaraki.

"I hate your kind. Using the title of hero to treat others like shit."

As Shigaraki grasps my neck with four fingers. I summon chains from the ceiling to pull him off me just in time. That's when I get up and run outside. Compress throws a marble at me. When he releases his quirk. It turns into a car. As I dodged it barely.  Twice punches me.

"That's what you get for hurting my friends. Yeah fuck you and your dyejob!"

Just as they were closing in on me. Heroes arrived. The league starts to retreat. So I run to give my report on what happened.

Toga's POV:

"He's a slippery one."

My eye catches something on the platform that surprises me.  So I climbed down to help dabi. By this point he has hawks riding piggyback and out of the pool.

"Dabi I need to show you something!"

A twice copy appears.

"No time, Heroes are here and we gotta go. I don't wanna go to jail. Come on babe!"

"Where's the creep?"

"He's with the heroes and media."

Dabi warms up to dry hawks off and keep him warm. However that's not the reason why hawks is trembling. Hawks clutches Dabi's coat tightly.

"Please don't make me go with the heroes. Take me with you guys."

I say to them both.

"With the added weight. We can't escape. If Korogiri was with us and not in prison then sure but we can't."

Dabi gently sets hawks on the ground and up against the wall.

"Please touya, I don't wanna be apart from y-"

Dabi kisses hawks and pats his head.

"I love you too keigo. Rest assure I'll come back for you, I promise."

Hawks reaches for dabi very weakly. So we run away. On our way back home. Dabi cries tears of blood.

"I'm so sorry, please don't hate me for what i had to do."

"If he really loves you too. He won't be mad at you dabi."

Hawks POV:

I began to feel faint. As my sight began to go. So to did the man I love. When my eyes opened again. I heard endeavor and fatgum call for medical help. Best jeanist says to them.

" hey guys? The building is on fire."

Endeavor leaves me in fatgum's arms to investigate the cause. That's the last thing I remember before ending up in the hospital.