Chapter 27

A/N: Hello i hope u have a good day and enjoy the chapter

Ryujin POV

"This must be Ai Wei's jeep," Asami said as we all approached the empty vehicle, "He can't be far."

I watched Mako take a quick walk over towards the Misty Palms Oasis, probably to get a better look. "Bolin and I will investigate the Misty Palms Oasis," he said, "And see if he's holed up there." With an eager look and a happy tone, I could sense Bolin's excitement. "Yes," he exclaimed, "I love it when you talk like a cop."

Out of nowhere, Korra sternly responded, "I'm coming too," but Mako shoots her down. "You and Asami wait here in case he comes back," he tried to reason, "Besides, we don't want to call too much attention to ourselves." Korra gave in, "All right," but she wasn't too happy.

"I can go with you," I said. It wasn't really a suggestion; I am the most qualified. "I'm qualified and I'm a better detective than you. It would make your lives easier if I came." But I also got shot down. "No," he said, somewhat more protective, "Everyone thinks you're dead. Imagine how people would react if they saw you, the Fire Nation princess, still alive and healthy. Especially since she's a cop too." I rolled my eyes, especially since he called me a princess. "I'm not a princess and you're acting like I can't handle myself. In fact, I can," I argued back, rolling my hands into a fist, "You've been acting like I can't handle myself lately. I can Mako and you know that. I've cracked more cases than you, got promoted way faster than you and I eve subbed in for you."

"Hey, Ryujin," someone called out to me, "You're kinda getting...fire everywhere."

I looked around me to see little flames here and there. "Sorry...," I shyly said, "I...I didn't notice."

"Fine," I caved in, "You and Bolin can go." I walked away from him and took a look back in the jeep. From afar, I can see them all making looks at each other. Korra seemed disappointed at Mako while Asami and Bolin were sort of indifferent. But Bolin seemed more excited than anything though.

As I rummage through the jeep, I came across a bag. The bag was filled with bright yellow ponchos. It was good for disguises but not the best.

"Here," I said and threw the bag in the front, "These aren't the best but they're the best we got." I got out the jeep and made my way towards the girls.

"Is Mako always like this," I whispered to both of them. I got a nod and a "yes" in unison. That really says a lot about Mako. I turned away from the boys and faced my direction towards Korra and Asami, looking more directly at them than before.

"So Azula..." Asami said, pausing for a bit.  "What does she know about the Misty Palms Oasis," she asked me as we walked to the jeep together. Korra was on the lookout, watching for other members or Chief—she would come and find us. "I don't really know," I responded, "I haven't known Azula for long but the first time I met her was at a bar I worked at with my adoptive dad. Working with her was hard since she was mainly untrustworthy and very independent. She just liked to do things on her own." I went on to talk about my short lived relationship with her and how she actually taught me more about fire bending than I knew. "But you know that blue flame," I mentioned to her, "She taught me about it. She said that it can't be taught. And that it comes from how strong your resolve is and who you are as a person. I don't know why I can produce it like her but to me this blue flame just represents disappointment. It represents betrayal."

"Hmm..." she hummed. Now I wanted to know what she was thinking. That hum was for nothing.

"When you were fighting Korra, what was your goal exactly," she asked me. I never really thought about it till now.

"That's actually a really good question," I responded, "I....I don't know. I guess when I was fighting her, my mind was cool and calm."

"I think the reason why she taught you about it, besides being her grand niece, is because she knows who you are as a person," she explained, "Azula was taught in the books as a horrible conqueror. She defeated the Avatar once but thankfully for that healing water Katara had, Avatar Aang wouldn't be alive. But she was also described as dangerous. Azula was collected, strategic and with that power, she was deemed dangerous in the books."

I guess she was right in a way but I don't want to admit it. It was like she was calling me Azula. And I'm not like her.

"Oh..." was all I could say, "I guess so..."

I walked forward more, leaving Asami in the back and rushed to the jeep.

Once I approached, I shoved a lot of his belongings around, looking for any sort of evidence. But before I could, my name was called.

"Ryujin," Asami called. I rushed over to her and Korra, who were standing next to each other. In front of me were the two brothers, dressed in those bright yellow ponchos and goggles.

"Oh my...," I was left speechless, in a bad way.

Mako's face was overridden with embarrassment and irritation. Bolin, on the other hand, was quite psyched. The girls and I all looked at each other then made our eyes back to them.

"All right, now we need our undercover identities," Bolin said, putting his hand to his chest in a heartfelt way. He was trying to get in character. "I'm an ex-united forces operative named Ting-Ting. War was the only woman I ever loved, until Ivy came along and showed me what real love is. Tragically, she was taken away from me by my archenemy Dr. Razor and he—,"

"Enough," Mako interrupted, "Let's just find Ai Wei." He begins to walk away before Bolin could finish.

"But I haven't even told you your backstory," his brother whined.

"I'm a cop," he responded so coolly, "I don't have a backstory."

Bolin goes after him, saying, "Ooh, you're good at this."

They were both off to the Misty Palms Oasis while I and the girls stayed back.

A/N: Hoped u enjoyed and feedback is encouraged