Chapter 28

A/N: SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED THE WEEKENDS ARE WHERE I RELAX

Ryujin POV
"What is that guy's deal," I pouted.

I leaned against a rock and turned back occasionally to stare at the small town.

"Can't you tell," Korra said, "He likes you."

My face heats up from the thought of that but hearing it out loud made my entire face go red.

"I...I d..don't think that's the case," I stuttered, "He's probably just cocky as always you know?" I laughed nervously to conceal my feelings. "We should just start searching...you know," I suggested and walked to the jeep.

"I think that you like him too," Korra said. I can sense her smirking, but why? I have to respond quickly or else it would look like I do.

"What?! No?!" I turned around to face them, my face still visibly red.

That was a bit aggressive.

"Sorry..."I apologized, "I didn't mean to come off so aggressively. I'll just spread out and look around."

I walked past the jeep and farther into the rocks. There was nothing there but I could sense something, no, someone.

"Azula," I mumbled.

"Call me grand aunt," she sarcastically cried, "I hate when you call me by my name."

She reveals herself from the shadows of the rocks and presents herself in earth kingdom attire.

"What do you want," I asked her, "If you're here to help, I don't want it." I turned my back away from her, no longer facing her horrid self.

"That's not what I want," she scoffed. I could feel some realness and genuineness from her tone. "Take this," she said, poking me with a paper, "It's for my brother."

"Wait how am I-,"

"Shush. He'll just come. I know. I'm a people person," she smirked.

"Hmm. Okay," I hummed skeptically. She was giving off an impression I couldn't read but it felt like she was trying to help me—in her own way. It wasn't good. But at least she was trying.

"Azula, what's in this letter," I asked her. She fell back onto a rock and sighed.

"It's a long story."

I sat down next to her, but on the floor, and was ready to listen. I wonder if this could help me.

"Before your grandmother, there was Mai. She was my friend and my brother's wife before who knows what happened," she said, telling it like it wasn't such a big deal and rolled her eyes at certain parts. She sure wasn't a good story teller.

"Before I ran off again, for probably the millionth time, your grandmother and I were kinda involved. Well, not like that but she helped me back on my feet. The letter isn't for my brother, it's for your grandmother."

"My grandmother," I asked her, "Who is she?"

"Her name is Hoshi Higashi. Her name is weird, I guess. But she was the strongest water bender I've ever encounter. Her blood bending was no joke. Although Katara was completely against it, like the coward she is, Hoshi never listened. She used blood bending to heal organ wounds on the inside and internal bleeding and such. Hoshi was truly wonderful."

"She was a blood bender," I was in complete awe, "Where can I see her now?"

I was disappointed in her answer. She gave me an unsure shrug and turned around.

"Just know that this letter is an apology. I did something that I wasn't suppose to do a long time ago," she told me. I could feel the regret in her voice, knowing that she held true and genuine feelings.

"Hey," I stood up behind her. My hands began to place themselves upon her shoulders and crawled to each other, wrapping her in my hug.

"Did you ever love her," I asked. She stood up quickly and looked back at me. There was no response but she just walked away into the shadows.

I guess that was an answer enough.

I began to walk back to Korra and Asami to find a worried expression wiped across their face.

"Where were you," Korra cried, "We thought that we hurt you by the teasing."

"You were gone for a very long time," Asami added, "Well, while you were gone, we found a clue."

She pulled out a map from behind her as well as a note. I was given the note and I read it out loud.

"Xai Bau's Grove? What's that," I asked.

"We didn't know that either and we still don't," Korra answered, "And with all these spirits flying around us, we won't be able to find anything." She began flapping her hands around to shoo away the little spirits. But before I could say anything, Mako comes into the picture.

"We found Ai Wei hiding in an Inn," he says as he walks up to us.

We all turned around to face our attention to him. "That's great," Korra exclaimed. "We found something too," Asami responded and handed the note to Mako, "It looks like he's going to meet Zaheer at sundown at a place called Xai Bau's Grove, but I can't find it anywhere on the map." Mako takes the sheet of paper and examines it closely but wasn't able to make anything out it.

"Let's go bust Ai Wei's door down and finally get some answers," Korra affirmed.

"No," Mako denied, "Once Ai Wei knows we're onto him, we lose our advantage."

"I say we stake out his room and when he leaves for this meeting, we follow him," Mako added on.

"And he'll lead us straight to Zaheer."

Korra was determined. Her face, her demeanor, the way her voice projects whenever Zaheer is mentioned just shows how badly she wants to catch him.

"Okay but on the map, you said it wasn't anywhere on there, what if it doesn't exist," I pointed out, "I mean a lot of significant structures are all over the map but this one isn't. How would we know if Xai Bau's grove is real?"

This did not leave a good impression on everyone. Korra expression quickly turned into an angered one.

"Look," her voice raised a little, "I'll do whatever it takes to find this grove and to find him. You don't know if it's real either so just...just shut up about it."

I was kind of stunned—just standing there. There wasn't much I could do. Should I have just said nothing.

"Okay Korra, calm down," Mako said, trying to defend me but I didn't need it.

"If you have a bone to pick with me then let's deal with it later. Both of our heads are at stake right now."

A/N: wow that ending and no there isn't going to be a love triangle. this is just pure discovery for ryujin