Chapter 7

A/N: hi. I forgot what this chapter was about.

Dinner was finished and we all walked our separate ways. "I'll show you to your room," Suyin said to me.

We walked down the long and glamorous hallway. "Your house is very nice," I complimented. "Oh it's nothing," she said, keeping herself humbled, "I just think my house is as humble as I am," she smiled. I nodded and smiled back. "So Varrick got you those clothes," she asked me. I nodded and didn't say much. "The gold really brings out your eye," she said, trying her best not to be offensive. "It's okay," I simply reassured her, "This was how I was born and I have to deal with the repercussions." Suyin's facial expression became overridden with sadness. "What's wrong," I asked her. "Just that line," she said, "I don't think any child should go through that." I laughed it off and said, "don't worry, I have amnesia. I don't really remember anything before I got it." Suyin began pondering about something. Her hands where on her chin and she looked up to the ceiling. "I know a good acupuncturist that could he-," but I interrupted and said, "already tried it." She had an apologetic look on her face and wanted to apologize. But I reassured her, saying, "it's okay. I just have to figure this out myself." She looked at me and grabbed my hands. Suyin gave me a positive smile and nodded. "This is your room. All your belongings have been brought here. And if you want to know how we know then you can just ask Mako," she winked. Before I could ask, Suyin walked off. "Oh, well where's the bathroom," I asked myself.

I wandered around the house looking for an available bathroom until I heard a voice. It sounded like Bolin and Mako. I placed my ear on the door to get a better hearing of the conversation.

"So what about Ryujin," Bolin asked.

"I- you know she was just a childhood crush," Mako quickly defended himself.

"But I could clearly see the sparks," Bolin pointed out, "Oh you guys would be sooo good together. It would be like the old days."

"Ryujin doesn't remember the old days," Mako said and a bit sadden by it.

"Well you can make her remember," Bolin suggested, "do you still have that blue ribbon?"

"Yea," Mako said and he sounded a bit offended, "why wouldn't I?"

"Well," Bolin said mischievously, "Give it to her. Maybe it'll jog something back."

"Yea you're right," Mako said, "We'll I'm going to head out."

I began to hear footsteps and I quickly stepped away from the door. I wandered around the hallways but still close to the room where Bolin and Mako were. The door opened and I speed walked my way out. But Mako caught me and called my name. "Ryujin," he called and ran towards me, "I was so worried." The corner of his eyes dropped like he was a sad puppy. "Oh- I- Varrick was a very nice person," I quickly reassured him, "D-don't worry," I smiled at him. "But you don't understand," Mako rebutted, "you were gone for so long. I thought you were gone forever." He grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Ryujin, I don't want you to go anywhere by yourself. Although Zao Fu may be safe, I'm still scared for you because I-," he stopped and paused. He quickly let go of my hand and scratched his head. "Because I think you're a- very good uh- detective and you're my partner." He smiled nervously and tensed up. But I laughed and hit him on the arm. "Ease up detective," I teased him. "I need to go back to my room," I said to him, "I'll see you tomorrow morning." I waved goodbye to him and began to walk to my room.

As I entered my room, I saw Rina in there on my bed. "I'm sorry girl," I apologized and ran to her. I hugged her tightly and snuggled her. "I'll never leave you again." I closed my door and the blinds and begin to get ready for bed.
-
"Grandpa," a little child said to the half scarred elder.

The room was filled with different shades of red. It was a very extravagant room—almost royal like. Coming from the other door was an elder lady, she had short hair and wore a long red kimono.

"Baby Ryujin," she exclaimed, "it's finally nice to see you again," and kisses the child on the cheek. The family was together in the large, extravagant room, enjoying their one last time together.
-
I woke up from my slumber to see that the metal shields were still up. I checked my clock to see that it was only 4 in the morning. "Four," I said in disbelief, "you have to be kidding me." Usually, once I wake up then I can't go back to sleep. I rose from my bed and put my slippers on. I quietly exited my room so that Rina doesn't wake up. As I walked around the house, I saw that there was a garden open. I walked out to the garden and sat on a bench.

I curled up on the bench, taking up all the space with it. My body was faced towards the metal barrier as I stared at it, waiting for the sun to come. "Mako," I said, talking to myself, "just- who are you?"

"Well I could answer your question," someone from behind answered groggily. I turned around to see the tired fire bender in his pajamas and a robe. "Oh- I was just thinking out loud," I made up, hoping it would make him forget about what I said to myself earlier. "Now I just look like a crazy weirdo," I thought as I curled up tighter in my seat. Mako began walking closer to me and I turned my back towards him. "May I sit," he asked me while pointing to the bench I was sitting on. I nodded and uncurled myself, making room for the fire bender.

The atmosphere around us was quiet and awkward. We didn't speak a word towards each other since he had came. Occasionally, we would look and smiled awkwardly but we would go right back to staring at nothing. Until he broke the silence.

"So, your question earlier," Mako brought up.

"Oh, I- just don't worry," I smiled, reassuring that it's nothing, "but I'm sorry. For everything."

"Wait," Mako said, "You don't need to be sorry for anything. Varrick may be a criminal but he's not a bad guy. And Chief isn't really having a good time here." But that wasn't it. I smiled at his nice words and didn't say anything. "I-I have something to show you," he says to me. Mako stood up from his seat and walked around to go behind me. "I know it's not much," he said as he began to wrap my hair in a ribbon, "but I just wanted to- Uh- show you my skills." He finished up the process and walked back to his seat. I felt my hair shaped into a long braid with a blue ribbon tied at the end. "Wow," I said in awe as I looked at the braid, "you're really good at this," I smiled at him. He shrugged and smiled smugly, "I only learn from the best," and looked into my eyes. My face began to heat up as I stared deeply into his eyes. I quickly looked away and saw the metal barriers descending. "This sun rise is nice," I quickly said to distract myself from the boy. "Where did you get this ribbon," I asked him. Mako's eyes frantically looked around and his speech became sort of butchered. "I- doknow- I don't Yea," he stuttered, "I just found it at a store and I need to give it to someone," he explained really fast. But I laughed at his fast pace excuse.

"Mako," I chuckled at him and said, "you're just too silly."

A/N: So what was this chapter about?