Enough Now

Something a little different written from Luka's POV. Adrienette is endgame in this piece and Luka is not dealing too well with it.

This is inspired by the season 4 trailers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can thing's change so much in a month? It's only approximately thirty days, that's nothing.

Luka was seated on a bench not far from Andrés Ice Cream cart. The peaceful sounds of the Seine caused a soft calm tempo in the background to match Luka's thoughts. He'd left his home, the Liberty, to gather together some inspiration. He'd recently began to feel inspired again. His Melody had brought so much music to his heart and soul, how would he live without her. She was coming back to her normal self and it filled him with tune after tune.

He could almost forget that she'd broken him. Broken his heart and caused him to be akumatized, and why? Because he was stupid enough to think she had secrets that she was willing to share with him. They'd been dating a month and friends for only four, he hadn't deserved the depths of what he was wanting. He knew that now. Wasn't hindsight a fascinating thing.

She'd never pushed him for anything, yet he'd pushed her ... again and again and again. He wasn't that type of person. He'd never been that type of person, but something about Marinette Dupain-Cheng effected him, causing issues with his usual tranquil existence. He wanted her. If he was being honest he loved her, so damn much.

He should have helped her more. He'd been by her side most days but obviously it wasn't enough. He should have done more, what? He didn't know. It was still out there to be decided by the jury.

As if hearing his thoughts a spotlight seemed to appear on the bridge opposite him. The darkness of the summer night did nothing to hide the sheer brightness of Marinette Dupain-Cheng. He knew she couldn't see him. He was hidden away on his bench obscured just enough from those passing over the bridge. He didn't want to be spotted. He wanted to sit and wallow in his self-pity. He was fed up of putting everyone else first. He should be allowed to feel too, he was a real person with real emotions, and he was inspired. For some reason being here tonight was like fate. It was destined for him to be there.

He looked over at his young love and took in the wonderful outfit he was sure she had designed and created for herself. A beautiful pale pink skater dress, white flats and a white cardigan. She looked like a model as her hair cascaded down and around her shoulders. She looked stunning, gorgeous ... almost as if she was going on a date.

He scoffed. She never made that effort for him. She must be meeting with the girls. She loved to show them her new styles, her new designs.

It was late though. Why would she be out so late? Even though it was now the summer break, and she was more than enable of doing as she pleased something sat uneasy with him. The need to protect and look after.

He watched as Marinette positioned her forearms on the bridge and looked out longingly into the distance. He wished he could stand up and make himself known. She was always happy to see him, to spend time with him even after the events of 'Truth'.

He shifted his weight a little ready to stand, when a look on her face halted his movements. For the first time in two months she didn't look broken. For the first time in two months she didn't look at though the world was weighting her down.

Luka had noticed recently her moods had been improving, that she spent more time with them again and, in general, she looked a lot happier. Perhaps her evening strolls helped? Was this something she did often? Or her dressing up in her finest and making an effort? He didn't want to think about it, but perhaps she'd moved on from him. He told her he'd wait though, surely she would have told him something had changed. It wouldn't be like Marinette to have secret rendezvous.